Monday, August 29, 2011

FM21 Bossy & Sketchy

My post is late, I know. Actually, I am without internet at the moment, in the back woods. So with technical complications of prescheduling my post, along with a conflict of the previous blog hop post last Friday, I couldn't move posts around. And the crickets may be chirping on my blog for the next week or so while we have some family time. Bear with me... promise I'll be back! :)

On to Friday's challenge -



So here is how we are MASHING IT UP this week
  1. Create a project using the provided "Sketch"
  2. or Create a project that has a "Dry Embossing on it"
  3. or "Mash it Up!" and create a card using the "Sketch with Dry Embossing"
I broke down and bought the Field Flowers set. I couldn't handle seeing all the beautious projects being posting out there in blogland. Well, now that it's in my hot little hands, I've got to play with it, right?

I was looking for a good color combo, and I used Ilina Crouse's version as inspiration. Wow, this set looks good with so many different layouts and color combos!

I just used a little strip of embossed cardstock to satisfy the second part of the challenge. To grunge up the card, I used the Log Cabin Smooch Spritz on the background.

Stamps: Field Flowers; Paper: Peach Parfait, Early Espresso, Crumb Cake, Very Vanilla, First Edition DSP; Ink: More Mustard, Peach Parfait, Old Olive, Early Espresso; Accessories: Early Espresso Baker's twine, Log Cabin Smooch Spritz, 1-3/4" Circle punch, Coluzzle, Square Lattice embossing folder, Big Shot, Sewing machine, Thread, Dimensionals.

Don't forget there's one more week to submit your fan favorite challenge. We could be playing along with your challenge next month! Go to the Mashup post for all the details. Thanks for stopping by!

6 comments:

Rosemary Morgan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Rosemary Morgan said...

Lov'n it. Don't see any stitch'n though!

Rosemary Morgan said...

Sorry didn't look close enough...I see it now!

hollybeary creations said...

Love this, You and Lesley are making me really want this set now.. I'm without internet as well but it's because of the Hurricane and Comcast being lame lol.. I didn't loose power so I'm grateful for that.. Just making me rounds on all the entries and DT post now while I'm hold up in Starbucks. I really like the color combo you used and the way you used the newsprint DSP. I hope you are having lots of fun family time..

Kim P said...

This is so lovely! I need this set! Have flowers...but I need THESE flowers! LOL! Great use of bakers twine too! Perfection!

Sue said...

Gorgeous card! Love it!!!