Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Technique Tuesday & SUOC19: Reinker Spreader

Writing this blog post, take two. Today's challenge at Stampin' Up Only Challenges is entitled April Showers Bring May Flowers, i.e., create projects with flowers. And I've been thinking about posting my projects from the techniques class on "Technique Tuesday". Fortuitously, these things come together into one project.

We've been having the techniques class every other month for a few sessions so far, and there has been a pretty good turn out. Each class, we have a basic, intermediate, and advanced project. I'll have to catch up with posting them, but first I have to fast forward to the advanced project from this month, Reinker Spreader. I found a beautiful project on Patty Bennett's blog, and I just adapted from there.

Here is the technique page and card together. Click to enlarge.

And the card separately.

And this close-up photo picked up the shimmer from the Shimmery White paper.

Stamps: Fifth Avenue Floral; Paper: Pink Pirouette, Old Olive, Shimmery White, Whisper White, Bride Specialty DSP; Ink: Versamark, Summer Sun reinker, Cameo Coral reinker, Pretty in Pink reinker; Accessories: White organza ribbon, Aquapainter, Spritzer bottle, Clear embossing powder, Little Leaves die, 3" Circle die, Big Shot.

Thanks for stopping by!

3 comments:

jjcreations said...

This is stunning - I have such a horrible time with this technique that I really appreciate other peoples' incredibly beautiful creations! Gorgeous.

Anonymous said...

Such pretty colors on the rose. Gorgeous!

hollybeary creations said...

I really need to get around to doing this technique. Thanks for sharing the how to.. The results are stunning, it looks great with the shimmer paper in the background.