Thursday, December 9, 2010

Teenage Masculine Card

If you recall, last week I attempted to make a card for my teenage nephew, but the card had some feminine aspects. So... try again.

I love the Curtain Call color challenge from a couple weeks ago.

You can't really go wrong with the "extreme" line from Stampin' Up. And I need to get more of these style stamps, maybe during Sale-a-bration? ;)

This card is a hodge-podge of ideas from the Splitcoaststampers gallery, with strong influences from 'virgo5' and 'skdeleeuw'. After stamping, I roughened up and distressed the edges with my cutting kit and sponge, and I used my marker and color spritzer for the background. Hint - if you make a free-standing pop-up card, you may want to write your personal greeting before assembling.

This is the card, laying flat for mailing.

Stamps: Extreme Skateboard, Extreme Elements, All Holidays, Sanded BG; Paper: Cajun Craze, Chocolate Chip, Tempting Turquoise, Basic Gray, Whisper White; Ink: Cajun Craze, Chocolate Chip, Tempting Turquoise, Basic Gray, Chocolate Chip marker, Basic Gray marker; Accessories: Sponge, Large Oval punch, Basic Gray taffeta ribbon, Dusty Durango ribbon, Brad, Jumbo eyelet, Cutting Kit, Color Spritzer, Stars #2 die, Big Shot, Sewing machine, Thread.

Thanks for stopping by!

8 comments:

Mickey Roberts said...

Very cool! Great colors!

Cindy said...

That is so cool! Bookmarking this for future reference - TFS!

Sunflower Stamper said...

Great card, perfect colors!!

Shelley Z said...

Love the color combo! Great tip to write before assembled! I would be one trying to write after! Why be bothered with the little things!

Yapha said...

What a fun card!! The pop up works great with those stamps!

Dany said...

I love this card! The colors you chose are perfect for it. Great job!

Sara Mattson-Blume said...

Very cool. I am sure he will love it!

Anonymous said...

Very fun! Great combination of color, images etc for a teenage boy! TFS!