Monday, May 24, 2010

Versatility of Upsy Daisy

I love the Upsy Daisy stamp set. It is so versatile, and you can use so many different techniques with it. I did a workshop last week, where I used this stamp set, and I was able to highlight three different techniques. I thought I would share...

Stamp the daisy image with Black Stazon, and then using a clear acetate template with a rectangle cut out (this is easy to do with the paper cutter on pg. 191 of the catalog), sponge on the background in the color of your choice. This is a clean-and-simple, single-layer card with a wow effect (CASE of snoetzel on SCS).

Stamp the daisy image in Whisper White craft ink, and let it dry completely. Using a stamp-a-ma-jig, stamp again in Not Quite Navy a little bit off-center. This set is great for the shadow stamping effect!

Stamp the daisy image with Versamark ink, cover with white embossing powder, and heat. Then sponge over the embossed area with an ink color of your choice to make the image really pop. This image is also a great one to demonstrate embossing resist (CASE of mnfroggie on SCS).

Thanks for stopping by!

3 comments:

Karen said...

Wow. You were a busy girl! Love the shadow stamping! Great cards!! TFS

Anonymous said...

Love all three!

Anna said...

THey look great. I love that set