Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Another Brick in the Wall...

I made another card using the Brick Wall tutorial. I totally love this technique, since it plays to my love for distressing or vintaging. It's a little time-consuming, but definitely worth it. I would love to use it for a swap, but I don't think I could sponge that many bricks!

I stamped the clock from Sense of Time on Night & Day Designer Series Paper. Cut the paper horizontally every 1/2" and vertically every 1", alternating each row by a 1/2". Each edge of each brick was sponged with Creamy Caramel ink. The sentiment cut out was made with the Matchbox die.

Stamps: Sense of Time, Sincere Salutations; Paper: Kraft, Whisper White, Chocolate Chip, Night & Day DSP; Ink: Chocolate Chip, Creamy Caramel; Accessories: Sponge, Chocolate Chip ribbon, Matchbox die, Big Shot.

Thanks for stopping by!

3 comments:

Brandi Wiggins-Côté said...

Very cool, Heidi!! Great idea! I would bypass the sponging of that many bricks, too! LOL

hugs,
Brandi

Cindy said...

Wow, very nice, but a lot of wor.! It would have to be for someone really special!

Melissa said...

Oh that's so pretty! All of the sponging just adds so much to the image too.