Thursday, January 28, 2010

Is It Spring Yet?

I've seen lots of cute cottages and bird houses using the new Mini Milk Carton Big Shot die from the Occasions mini. I haven't had the opportunity to get one of these dies myself, so I came up with a lower tech version of a bird house for my Big Shot class, showcasing the Birds & Blooms bird.

I created the house part of the bird house out of a 2-4-6-8 box with Kraft cardstock. I ran the cardstock through the woodgrain Texturz plate from Texture Plates Kit #4. The edges of the house were sponged with Close to Cocoa ink. The roof was 'weathered' by the direct-to-paper technique using Chocolate Chip and Whisper White ink.

The Birds & Blooms bird was diecut out of Pacific Point cardstock and sponged on the edges.

Stamps: None; Paper: Kraft, Close to Cocoa, Mellow Moss, Pacific Point; Ink: Chocolate Chip, Close to Cocoa, Pacific Point, Whisper White craft; Sponges, Scallop Trim Border punch, Little Leaves die, Birds & Blooms die, Texture Plates Kit #4, Big Shot.

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: