Wednesday, December 30, 2009

My Digital Studio Hybrid Project

Making a My Digital Studio hybrid project, that is, creating a digital card with My Digital Studio and adding some embellishments, has been on my to-do list for a while. Well, because of my procrasination in ordering, my MDS Christmas cards finally showed up today. Hubby and I got to work: cutting, ribboning, gluing, addressing, labeling... All are back out again for delivery.

It was so easy to design and just drop in my chosen photo. Even easier to put the cards together when they arrived... I think we pumped out all 48 cards in 2 hours! I wish I had ordered a few more. I still have a few cards I will have to stamp.

So, here's a neat trick... There are 3 pages you can design in the MDS card option (the fourth page, the backside of the card, is where the MDS logo is printed). So I designed my cardfront on pages 1 and 3, so I got a 2-for-1 deal on the printing.

I love how they came out. The print finish is not glossy, but very smooth, silky matte. Adding the ribbon and matting on cardstock gives it just the right 3-D effect to be gorgeous. I'm really pleased; too bad they are all being sent away!

For comparison, here is what the card looks like in all digital format.

Curious about My Digital Studio? Want more of an idea of what you can do with it? Check out all my MDS-related posts and the MDS Blog Carnival from October hosted by my friends over on stampinaddicts.com!

Thanks for stopping by and enjoy the Holidays!

1 comment:

jimlynn said...

Cute card and a very cute picture!