Sunday, November 20, 2016

The Stamp Review Crew: Picture Perfect


Welcome to another Stamp Crew Review Blog Hop!  We share our take on a selected stamp set every first and third Monday.  Today we have a BONUS hop, focusing on host/hostess stamp sets.  If you are following the hop in order, you have just arrived from Bruno Bertucci's blog.

For stamp club, I thought it would be nice to combine Picture Picture and From Land to Sea, with the focus on the starfish image.

I used Retro Sketches #237 for this card and the color combination used by Narelle Fasulo for the starfish, which is Crushed Curry and Soft Suede on Crumb Cake card stock.  I'm actually resisting the urge to add some gold sequins, since this is intended to be a masculine card.

I found this two-step image hard to line up, so let me share with you what I learned.
  • Use a stamp-a-ma-jig for best alignment.   This tool is the easiest to make minute tweaks in placement, IMO.
  • Color combination does matter.  I found stamping on Very Vanilla hard, but Crumb Cake was more forgiving.  Check out some good-looking starfish on Pinterest and try those combos.
  • Don't be afraid to stamp several times.  I know... I hate to waste paper too, but it won't kill us, right?
Stamps: Picture Perfect, From Land to Sea, Timeless Textures; Paper: Dapper Denim, Crumb Cake, Very Vanilla, By the Shore DSP; Ink: Crushed Curry, Crumb Cake, Soft Suede, Memento Tuxedo Black; Accessories: Kraft Rope Trim, Angled Tag Topper Punch, Sponge, Swirly Scribbles Thinlits, Mini Treat Bag Thinlits, Big Shot, Dimensionals.

I'd like to have a chance to play with this set some more, although I'm out all weekend.  If I find some time, I'll come back here and post.

Hop on over to Nikki Spencer's blog to see what fun projects she has put together with this week's set.

 

10 comments:

Dawn Tidd said...

I love the color combo for your starfish, Heidi! He looks fantastic with the lighthouse stamp and the DSP you added to it works perfectly!!

Linda Callahan said...

So nautical! Love it!

Tanya Boser said...

Stunning starfish Heidi! Well worth the experimentation :)

Rochelle Blok said...

Love your card, Heidi!! The colour you stamped the starfish in is fabulous and am so loving the nautical look to your card. Rochelle xo

Unknown said...

Heidi - this card is fantastic! Love the details of the swirly thinlits down the side and the choices of colors! Great job!

Mike said...

Amazing job, Heidi. Your starfish is jumping right off the page in 3D! Wonderful collection of colors and textures!

Gloria S said...

When I first saw your card I thought you'd put on a real starfish. What a beautiful job you did on your project. A job well-done!

Nikki Spencer said...

Your starfish is fabulous Heidi! Great colour palette, a very elegant masculine card. I love the nautical theme too! xx

Anonymous said...

Heidi your starfish is gorgeous the hole card is! Great masculine card!

Unknown said...

This starfish is absolutely the most realistic one I've ever seen. You did an amazing job! Checking out the rest of your creations. TFS