Sunday, February 2, 2014

The Stamp Review Crew: Hello, Lovely Edition


Welcome to another Stamp Crew Review Blog Hop!  We share our take on a selected stamp set every first and third Monday.  Don't you just love the sentiment "Hello, Lovely"?  This hop features a set of eclectic images and sentiments, and they can be challenging when you first start.  But hang on, because I'm sure our hop members will leave you with many ideas.

This is the first stop from the top, but if you are hopping around in a circle, you have just come from Rita's beautiful blog.  She always has just the right balance and amount of embellishments in her projects!

I thought the sentiments, particularly the "You make me happy" sentiment, had a vintage look to it.  I pulled out the Splitcoaststampers Mix-Ability challenge again, this time MIX29 Crack and Stitch.

This is my attempt at a vintage sign on a barn side.  You can guess this challenge involved some cracking and some stitching on the project.  For the cracked glass. I applied seven layers of clear embossing powder and then stuck it in the freezer for a bit.  I also used Stampin' Celebration sketch #74.

Stamps: Hello, Lovely, Hardwood; Paper: Island Indigo, Summer Starfruit, Crumb Cake, Early Espresso, Soho Subway DSP; Ink: Island Indigo, Early Espresso; Accessories: Linen thread, Mini silver brad, Clear EP, Sponges, Sewing machine, Thread, Dimensionals.

I felt I needed to do something with the square decorative stamps, perfect for a repeative pattern  Here I created some faux tile (a.k.a. Delft blauw) with stamped squares and Crystal Effects.

I used a sketch I found on Pinterest, originating from Operation Write Home.

Stamps: Hello, Lovely, Tea Party; Paper: Pacific Point, Whisper White; Ink: Pacific Point, Daffodil Delight, Pear Pizzazz, Smoky Slate, Black Stazon; Accessories: Crystal Effects, Aquapainter, Sponge, Modern Mosaic EF, Ovals Collection framelits, Big Shot, Dimensionals.

Finally, I have a recycled project from Friday, but I have something new to share.

Here I used the Hello, Lovely sentiment without the swirly outline.  You may have heard me mention I don't like to marker stamps.  So how then?

I finally came across a stamp I couldn't cut apart with my Craft & Rubber Scissors.  I broke down and bought a hot knife, which is basically an electric exacto knife.  Hubby was all in for trying it out (guess he considers it a man tool).  Cuts like butta'.

Make sure you check out the next stop to see what wonderful goodies Adriana at Escape2stamp put together with the set.  Thanks for stopping by!

 

The complete hop list:
    1. Heidi Baks  runningwscissorsstamper.blogspot.com
    2. Adriana Benitez  escape2stamp.com
    3. Tanya Boser   tinkerin-in-ink.blogspot.com
    4. Jill Coleman  jillstamps.com/
    5. Shana Gaff   stressfreestamping.blogspot.com
    6. Holly Krautkremer  rubberredneck.typepad.com
    7. Yapha Mason   yaphamason.com
    8. Mary Rindal   maryrindal.com/  
    9. Dawn Tidd   tiddbitsfromdawn.typepad.com
    10. Betty Traciak kittystamp.blogspot.com
    11. Kerry Willard Bray  kerrywillardbray.com
    12. Paula Wright  paulastamps.blogspot.com/
    13. Rita Wright  ritascreations.blogspot.com/

      13 comments:

      Rita W said...

      Fabulous ideas! I love the tile look; it was perfect for that stamp and in blue!

      Betty said...

      GREAT techniques! I really love the vintage sign and the rustic texture on the first card.

      Yapha Mason said...

      Fantastic projects!! I really love the first card. It totally looks like an old barn!

      Dawn Tidd said...

      Awesome projects! I saw your Friday card and loved it! The other two are super with the fun techniques! You certainly showed how versatile this set can be.

      MaryR said...

      such great projects, I love the vintage 'sign' you created with the cracked glass technique and those tiles are so beautiful

      Anonymous said...

      Wow Heidi - I love all your cards. Especially love the faux tile and that last card - maybe I need a hot knife. That's a great idea!

      LynnsLocker said...

      Awesome cards! I am amazed at the faux tiles. Thanks for sharing!

      Anonymous said...

      Wonderful cards! Love the techniques you used, especially the tile on the 2nd card. Beautiful! And thanks for sharing the tip about the hot knife; I've been thinking about it for splitting apart some sentiments but was afraid to try!

      Tanya Boser said...

      Heidi, you never fail me! These are all so lovely! The vintage sign card is perfectly rustic, the tiles on the second card look just like mini tiles for a lovely French Country kitchen, and the last card looks like spring. And good on you for finding a way to cut that sentiment out of the center of the stamp without destroying the rest of it! I have been trying to figure that out since I got this set!!

      Paula said...

      You are a genius! Love that you cut that stamp apart. And the tiles on that second card are just so amazing. It's a pleasure hopping with such talent.

      Anonymous said...

      You are a genius!! I too love you cut the stamp apart great idea!!! Such beautiful projects too!

      Jill Coleman said...

      Heidi - I LOVE all of your projects and thanks for the fun techniques.
      The first card makes me feel like I'm out antique hunting - love it! Beautiful tile work on the second and the thirds card is so clean and soft and pretty. Love them all!!

      Cindy Brumbaugh said...

      Thanks for the idea of cutting that stamp apart! I am with you on the coloring! Thanks for sharing with everyone! and, the card is fab, too!