Welcome to another Stamp Crew Review Blog Hop! We share our take on a selected stamp set every first and third Monday. This week we are reviewing a fun and versatile sentiment set, Chalk Talk and coordinating framelits.
If you are hopping around in a circle, you have just come from Nancy's blog. Nancy always has lovely projects! And onto my take of this fun stamp set.
I shared my Valentine version of Card in a Box on Friday, and I wondered out loud about dimensions for an A2 card. Well, I couldn't just let that go, so I went ahead and created one for this hop.
To create, follow the Splitcoaststampers tutorial link on Friday's post with the following changes:
- Score a 4-1/4 x 12" piece of card stock at 2-3/4, 5-1/2, 8-1/4, 11"
- Rotate 90o and score at 1-3/4"
- For the inside strips of the box, cut two 1 x 4-3/4" pieces, score at 1" at either end
Ok, I admit, I have trouble building a card starting with a sentiment set. This set has a chalky (haha), even grungy, look. So I went back to Splitcoaststampers for their mixed media challenges. Always a good source for fun background inspiration. For this card I used challenge #25, create a mixed media project on a white background, finishing only part of the stamped or sketched image, i.e. spotlighting, and using 3 or more mediums.
Stamps: Chalk Talk, World Map BG; Paper: Basic Black, Very Vanilla, Watercolor Paper; Ink: Crumb Cake, Island Indigo, Old Olive reinkers; Accessories: Burlap ribbon, Clear embossing powder, Aquapainter, Water spritzer, Sponge, 2-1/2 Circle punch, Wide Oval punch, White acrylic paint, Dimensionals.
Make sure you check out the next stop to see what fun goodies Cindy at Stamps, Paper, and Ink put together with the set.
The complete hop list:
Heidi Baks runningwscissorsstamper.
- Cindy Beach stampspaperandink.typepad.com/
- Adriana Benitez escape2stamp.com
Tanya Boser tinkerin-in-ink.
- Debra Burgin heartfeltinkspiration.
- Jill Coleman jillstamps.com/
- Mike Funke stampin-style.
Shana Gaff stressfreestamping.
- Yapha Mason yaphamason.com
- Mary Rindal maryrindal.com/
- Ann Schach stampinchic.com/
- Martha Stewart seasonsofstamping.
- Dawn Tidd tiddbitsfromdawn.
- Kerry Willard Bray kerrywillardbray.com
Paula Wright paulastamps.blogspot.
- Nancy Smith iguanastamp.wordpress.com