Friday, January 3, 2014

Stampin' Addicts Occasions Catalog Blog Hop


http://su-media.s3.amazonaws.com/media/catalogs/NA/20140103_Occasions_NA/20140103_Occasions_en-US.pdf
Hello Everyone, Welcome to the Stampin' Addicts Occasions Catalog Blog Hop, which features amazing products from the new Occasions Catalog, starting today!  Sit back and enjoy some wonderful ideas using the newest stamping goodies!

If you have been following the blog hop in order, you have just come from Yapha's post featuring the bundle Just Sayin'.  Yapha has some beautiful projects!  Today I will show you some projects using the set Happy Congratulations.

Birthday Card - I always start off playing with a new stamp set by creating a straight-forward card or two.  This set naturally lends itself to strings of paper lanterns across a portrait-oriented card.

To keep the card a little cleaner, I used the Bordered Sentiment technique to create the illusion of another layer.  With a little more practice, I was able to create the entire front panel as one layer.  Which do you like better?

Stamps: Happy Congratulations, Express Yourself; Paper; Basic Gray, Whisper White; Ink: So Saffron, Daffodil Delight, Melon Mambo, Cherry Cobbler, Old Olive, Pumpkin Pie, Pool Party, Pacific Point, Basic Gray, Basic Gray marker; Accessories: White baker's twine, Perfect Polka Dot EF, Big Shot, Dimensionals.

Happy New Year! -  The recent Artisan Blog Hop project by Jen Timko inspired me to create a shimmery gold New Year's card.  There are many gold-toned products in the Occasions catalog, which coordinate so well together!  The dotted washi tape just says "party".

The glass clink "visual noise" was my daughter's idea, and it uses Seize the Sketch Challenge #10.  This card would work great for a wedding or anniversary card as well.

Stamps: Happy Congratulations, Happy Hour; Paper: Whisper White, Gold Foil Sheet; Ink: Summer Starfruit marker, Gold Metallic Encore Pad; Accessories: Rhinestone jewels, Watercolor Wonder washi tape.

Chinese New Year Party Ensemble -When I first saw this set, I thought about using it for a Chinese New Year-themed party.  This year is the Year of the Horse, falling on January 31.  The ensemble includes a party invitation in a Gold Fancy Foil vellum envelope, gold coin mini envelope, and fortune cookie and take-out box party favors.

The mini envelope, filled with a gold coin for luck, is created with the Envelope Punch Board (3-1/2" square card stock, score at 1-3/4").  The paper fortune cookies are created from a 4" circle cut-out, filled with gold-foiled Hershey's Kisses, and the fortune strips are stamped with the sentiment, "May happiness be your destination".  The take-out box comes from Stampin' Up's old pattern library.

Pull the invitation out of the stitched vellum envelope to get a closer look.

Stamps: Happy Congratulations; Paper: Real Red, Basic Black, Whisper White, Polka Dot Parade DSP, I Am Me DSP, Gold Foil Sheet, Gold Fancy Foil Vellum; Ink: Real Red, Black Stazon, Gold Metallic Encore Pad, Basic Black marker; Accessories: Mini silver brads, Basic Black taffeta ribbon, Gold baker's twine, 1" Circle punch, Envelope Punch Board, Circle Collection framelits, Chalk Talk framelits, Big Shot, Sewing machine, Thread.

If you aren't yet a member of Stampin' Addicts, you can sign up here. Make sure you check out the next stop to see what Mary at Mary's Stamping Happenings put together using Peachy Keen. She made some amazing projects!
 
 

Blog Hop Order:

1) Mary (nuhddad) -- Peachy Keen Bundle
2) Paula (scrapshappen) -- Retro Fresh DSP
3) Debra (WebDeb) -- Life in the Forest
4) Rhonda (rhondag) -- Happy Watercolor
5) Sara (lilyinkpad) -- Love You to the Moon
6) Tina (tina123) -- Language of Love
7) Kim (S1itcher46) -- Perfect Pennants
8) Tanya (tanya27) -- Baby, We've Grown
9) Mary (MaryR) -- Pomp and Circumstance
10) Adriana (escape2stamp) -- So Very Grateful
11) Holly E. (HollyBeary Creations) -- Eggstra Spectacular
12) Holly K. (catrules) -- Simple Stems
13) Betty (kittystamp) -- Petite Petals Bundle
14) Twila (tjdstampsalot) -- Starburst Sayings Bundle
15) Yapha -- Just Sayin' Bundle
16) Heidi (hlw966) -- Happy Congratulations

Thanks for stopping by!

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wonderful projects, Heidi! Love the paper lanterns and how you showcased them here. As usual, all of your projects are inspiring; the Chinese New Year ensemble is simply WOW. Thanks for the inspiration!

Yapha Mason said...

What amazing projects! The first two cards sold me on the set, and the Chinese New Year ensemble clinched the deal. What amazing projects!

Mary's Stamping Happenings said...

OK I really want to come to your Chinese New Year Party. Directions on the Fortune Cookies.

Love it all

Kim said...

These are amazing! First it was, oooh, cool color combos. Then wow a gorgeous gold NY card, then knock my socks off with the amazing party set! Awesome!

Twila said...

Fun, fun projects Heidi! I was kinda on the fence with this set, but I think you have convinced me to buy it. Great job. Oh and I like the brighter card in your first picture. But either would be great to receive in the mail.

MaryR said...

amazing amazing amazing! I love love love the Chinese New Year set!

hollybeary creations said...

You've out done yourself again.. I love every one of them!! I did a similar card ( 1st set) with the Lanterns for a Post tomorrow but I like yours way better!! I love how you layered them both look great! They Chinese New Year party ensemble is adorable!!!

RhondaG - The Stampin' Bunny said...

Wow! Such gorgeous variety you've shown with this set! Fabulous work!

Jen Timko said...

Sigh….you've made me take another look at this one. Seriously awesome!

Paper Art Garden said...

I can't decide which card are like better. I like them both. The New Year's card with the clinking glasses is so cute. Love all the party favors.

Paula said...

Just a few months ago, my Uncle wanted me to make an invitation with Chinese lanterns on them and I couldn't find an image anywhere. Ta Da! Love what you did with this set.

Tanya Boser said...

Holy Heidi! You really went to town with this set. I love them all! That Chinese New Year ensemble is amazing, and the first 2 cards are still dancing on my head. I can't pick a favorite. They are all too wonderful :)

Anonymous said...

WOW Awesome as always!!! You really rocked this set!! I love the layout of the first set of cards. I love the new years card brilliant! The Chinese set fun and adorable!!

Betty said...

Delightful set of projects! I appreciate seeing all the different occasions this can be used for. Please tell your daughter the "clink" is the perfect touch on the second card. Another creative genius in the making:)

Sara Mattson-Blume said...

I think your mojo is intact. Holey Moley! I love them all. The cards to start are very cool and then the Chinese New Year ensemble is perfect! I love the clink marks!

wearefromfrance said...

I really love the bright colors in the second lantern card, but adore the layers and embossing in the first card. Such talent at keeping a simple card balanced and interesting . Your New Years card and Chinese new year ensemble are favorites! Thank you for sharing your gifts.

Debbi said...

Fabulous projects, Heidi! You really did an amazing job with this set. I love the first cards and can't wait to see your tutorial on Monday. The Chinese New Year ensemble was awesome, and kudos to Janeke for the "noise" suggestion.