Tuesday, June 18, 2013

MDS Videos: Stitched Hearts & Transparent Background

As promised, here is a couple videos illustrating the tricks I used on Monday's MDS page.


The first one I used two half-hearts (cropped hearts) merged together so I can get a deeper shadow on the outer edge of the heart.  This gives the illusion that the center of the heart is touching the card stock base, making the center stitching of the hearts look realistic.



IRL, the More Amore DSP has laser-cut hearts that one can snip and use.  But the digital DSP comes with a white background.  To work around this, I imported the DSP into a photo-editing program, cropped and used the magic wand tool, and saved as a PNG file into the embellishment area of the My Digital Studio program.


Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: