Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Mixed Media Challenge Catch-Up

Little Missy and I took some time this past weekend to play along with the Mixed Media Challenges on Splitcoaststampers.  We're having lots of fun getting messy!  :)

 
MIX6 - Newspaper and Gesso

I made a page in my creativity journal using gesso, which didn't turn out too well.  This was the second time I used gesso, and then I realized the problem.  I had transparent gesso.  A trip to the craft (crap) store and another try remedied the problem.

MIX7 - Splatter-ific

There was some splattering with a paint brush this weekend (which DD totally loves!), but specifically for this challenge, I previously shared that we played with ink bubbles. 

MIX8 - Rip It, Paste It, Ink It (scraps of DSP)

I had a bunch of little scraps from the Sunshine & Sprinkles paper pack, so I made this sample for my daughter to stick into her creativity journal. I used gesso to mute the background a bit. There's a little bit of blue splatter background (more splatter!)  She did that part for me.

MIX9 - Metal & Paint or Ink

We saw Dina's video for this challenge (from her sample), and Little Missy was all in, inspired by Dina's bird.  We glued aluminum foil (with a glue stick) to thin card board, die cut, then painted with acrylic paint. We were battling about how to finish off the project.  She let me stamp once with script on the bird's tail, and gluing onto the lattice was her idea.  This one also went into her creativity journal.

If you are interested in the supplies used for these projects, you can find them in my SCS gallery.  Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

Kristie W. said...

Love all of your cards!! I am partial to the butterfly though :-)