Monday, February 18, 2013

Mixed Sentiments

Another post from snow day stamping about a week ago...  While I had the acrylic paint out, I thought I would catch up with the first Mix-Ability (mixed media) challenge on Splitcoaststampers.  This one is Yin Yang, mixing a matte medium with a shiny medium on your project.  I attempted to combine acrylic distress (matte) with faux patina (shiny).

I was waiting and waiting to get to the craft (crap) store for some teal-colored acrylic paint.  I finally gave up (I really do hate shopping) and mixed some Bermuda Bay reinker with some white acrylic paint.  Problem solved!

I had been brain-storming what projects to do for the Stampin' Addicts Sale-a-Bration blog hop, using Feeling Sentimental, and I actually had faux patina on my list of possibilities.  I then saw a swap card at Leadership with the same set.  I didn't use the idea for the blog hop, since I was attempting to be original, but it's perfect for playing along now.


Here you can see some shine of the gold embossing of the faux patina technique.

Stamps: Feeling Sentimental, Dude, You're Welcome; Paper: Soft Suede, Very Vanilla, Whisper White, Thoroughly Modern DSP; Ink: Pool, Party, Soft Suede, Versamark, Bermuda Bay reinker; Accessories: Gold embossing powder, Sanding block, Sponges, Circle Scissors Plus, Vintage Wallpaper EF, Square Lattice EF, Circles #2 die, Big Shot, White acrylic paint, Dimensionals.

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: