Tuesday, October 16, 2012

SUOC56 Wild Safari

My daughter was invited to a Wild Kratts party, based on a PBS kids' show.  I have to admit, I hadn't heard of the show, and my daughter told me it was "Wild Crafts".  LOL!  This week's SUO Challenge is to create a project with any kind of animal.  This is a perfect opportunity to combine tasks.

A summary blurb about the show reads, "Join the adventures of Chris and Martin Kratt as they encounter incredible wild animals, combining science education with fun and adventure, while traveling to animal habitats around the globe."  I thought Little Missy was pretty spot-on when she chose In The Wild as the stamp set of choice.


I tried to lean towards the safari theme with the Netting background, hemp twine, and Crumb Cake card stock.  It was a bit of a challenge to make silhouettes out of the semi-solid giraffe and elephant stamps.  Coloring with a Sharpie created undesirable lines, so I basically tapped the Sharpie across the images.  I used a knot called a bungie knot to tie the hemp twine.

Stamps: In The Wild, Serene Silhouettes, Netting BG; Paper: Whisper White, Crumb Cake, Basic Black; Ink: Blushing Bride, So Saffron, Daffodil Delight, Pumpkin Pie, Soft Suede, Basic Black, Basic Black craft, Black Sharpie pen; Accessories: Hemp twine, Silver brads, Sponge, Brayer.

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: