Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Paper Crafters Sampler December Blog Hop

Hi Everyone! Welcome to the Paper Crafters Sampler blop hop. This month's issue is entitled Adorned Holidays, and there are several templates available in this issue. Yay, templates! If you are following the hop, you have arrived from Vicki's blog. Weren't her samples fabulous? Here is my creative take on them.

Remember in Citizen Kane, Kane's boyhood sled was named Rosebud? Here's my version of the winter sleigh template, a Winter Rose sleigh... just reminded me of the movie reference.

I got the theme and color scheme from my backdrop items, created back in December 2010. I wanted a slightly smaller sleigh to coordinate, so I printed the template at 75%. They match up pretty well... maybe I'll have a whole village someday.

Of special note, especially to my mother, is the little cushion I sewed for the sleigh with Beau Chateau designer fabric, adorned with pink designer buttons. Can I say it is cute?!

Stamps: Elements of Style; Paper: Blushing Bride, Very Vanilla, Brushed Silver; Ink: Blushing Bride, Versamark; Accessories: Clear embossing powder, Subtle Collection buttons, Pearl jewels, Silver Glimmer paper, Beau Chateau designer fabric, Doily Triple Layer punch, Little Leaves die, Big Shot, Sewing machine, Needle, Thread, Batting.

Speaking of sleds, here is a sample with the cute sled template. I used traditional wood and red runner colors to created an antique sled that you would hang up for wall or door decor.

This template comes with a hidden box compartment, perfect for small gift giving, but I plan to use this for a tree ornament. How easy is it to put the perfect touch to a 3-D project with Winter Wishes stitched felt pieces? I submitted this project to Hand Stamped Sentiments Ornament Challenge #95.

Stamps: Woodgrain BG; Paper: Cherry Cobbler, Sahara Sand; Ink: Crumb Cake; Accessories: Sponge, Mini brads, Cherry Cobbler baker's twine, Winter Wishes stitched felt.

The final project is a elegant limoge or small trinket box.

I was trying to duplicate a hand painted porcelain box. The paper from last year's Occasions mini, as well as some Pear Pizzazz seam binding, are perfect for a delicate, feminine look.

I added a nice dimensional paper rose on the top. A beautiful box needs a fancy lid, don't you think?

Paper: Rose Red, Pear Pizzazz, Very Vanilla, Brushed Gold, Springtime Vintage DSP; Ink: Rose Red; Accessories: Sponge, Dotted Scallop Ribbon border punch, Itty Bitty punch pack, Crimper, Gold brads, Pear Pizzazz seam binding, Island Floral die, Big Shot, Sewing machine, Thread, Floral wire.

December's issue is going to be released in a few short days. If you would like your own copy of these templates, please visit Paper Crafters Sampler and sign up. Next along our little hop is our fearless leader, Melanie. OMGosh, you are going to love her interpretation! Enjoy the trip!

Thanks for stopping by!

18 comments:

PocketsOfInspiration said...

What's in that Limoge box? Curious minds want to know, LOL!.

Well, you're projects came out DARLING! I love the pillow in the sleigh, it'd make a nice pin cushion...and the glitter along the side, so girly!

Love what you did with the sleigh. I thought about doing skates...but the mittens look super cute. Great job Heidi.

Lisa Hensley said...

I love the delicate look of your projects -- they're so very beautiful!!

Vicki Burdick said...

All your projects came out wonderful, love the colors on the sleigh and that cute pillow insert. I love the felt on the sled, the mittens are adorable, my just have to case that one!!!

Snowmanlover said...

Oh my gosh, such incredibly beautiful and talented works of art!

LeroyLime said...

oh my GOODNESS! Can't believe you made these all out of paper!!! You could totally design with the paper guy at Real Simple (magazine). Such detail and working parts to boot, amazing! Thanks for playing along this week at Hand Stamped Sentiments!

inkedx2 said...

All of your projects are awesome. I love the sled you did for our challenge. Love that pink tree! :) Thanks for playing with us this week at Hand Stamped Sentiments.

Mickey Roberts said...

Amazing! Simply amazing! Love them all! The details are just awesome.

Cindy said...

Just breathtaking! And I see more pink Christmas!!! Love the soft, feminine feel to these.

Erika Clark said...

Wow, how do you do it? Each one is prettier. The sleigh is just crazy gorgeous. I have to make one for my mom!

Anonymous said...

Wonderful! The sleigh ornament is so sweet with the mittens and the rose on top of the box is such a beautiful touch!

Yapha said...

Those are absolutely fabulous! I love that pink sleigh!

Just a Thought... said...

Wow!! What an amazing job you did on these projects!!! GREAT JOB!!! Thank you for participating this week with Hand Stamped Sentiments!! Amy L.

Tanya Boser said...

These are all just gorgeous!! Where do you find the time for all of this goodness?!

Krista said...

What a great sled. There was no detailed spared. This would look so cute on a tree or wall hanging somewhere. Thank you for joining us at Hand Stamped sentiments.

Ange McKay, North Shore Stamper said...

This is soooo AMAZING! I can't believe your attention to detail! Thanks so much for playing with us at Hand Stamped Sentiments this week! Hope to see you again!

Bada-Bing Creations said...

Oh how I love that sled! It totally looks like the real thing and reminds me of the one I used as a kid. It's just perfect! Thanks for playing at Hand Stamped Sentiments!

Tammi Verbarendse said...

All I can say is... WOW! Your projects are beautiful and amazing!

Carmen said...

Absolutely amazing! Wonderfully done!