Hello Everyone, Welcome to the Stampin' Addicts Blog Hop, which features amazing products from the upcoming Occasions mini catalog, starting January 4. Since the mini isn't available yet, this is an easy way to get a sneak peek! So let's hop along!
If you have been following the blog hop in order, you have just come from Betty's post featuring Sweet Stitches rub-ons. Betty has some beautiful projects! Didn't she do a great job with these cute little rub-ons? Today I will show you some projects using the set Plane & Simple, a perfect masculine set. First up, an aviator-themed birthday card.
So much fun to cut out the compass and goggles accessories, which match well with the map paper from Newsprint DSP. I created the sky by sponging around a scallop circle mask and also created a loop-de-loop path of the plane with the sewing machine. A brad and Crystal Effects add a bit of interest to the accessories. Amelia Earhart, have we found you?
When you think of an airplane, you think of travel, so along those lines I designed a suitcase box. The final size of this box is 3-3/8 x 5-1/2 x 1-3/8", large enough to hold a sweet treat or two.
I used Botantical Gazette DSP (what beautiful paper!) for the background. It was hard to decorate the suitcase without it looking like the stamp images were just slapped on there willy-nilly. I created a little compass accent and an airplane tag.
Edited to add: Tutorial is available here.
And for my favorite project, I thought a 3-dimensional scene would be fun, which led to a diorama card (or shadow box card?).
I brayered the background sky with Marina Mist ink. Grassy hills and trees were placed on the middle layer. In the foreground, I tried to stay with a vintage theme by using a Newsprint DSP outline.
Come back on Monday for more pictures, further descriptions, and supplies lists. If you aren't yet a member of Stampin' Addicts, you can sign up here. Make sure you check out the next stop to see what Deb at Heartfelt Inkspiration put together using Be My Valentine. She made some amazing projects with a single stamp.
_<< PREVIOUS BLOG _________________ NEXT BLOG >>
The complete blog hop listing:
1. Sarah (willsygirl) -- XOXO
2. Yapha -- Take a Spin
3. Cheryl (lovetostampandscrap) -- Build a Blossom and the Blossom Petals Punch
4. Allison (alliohran) -- Thanks for Caring
5. Rhonda (rhondag) -- Springtime Vintage DSP and Baby Blossoms
6. Holly P. (HollyLogic) -- Petal Cone Die
7. Joyce (bronocomom) -- Springtime Vintage fabric
8. Lisa (genesis) -- Easter Blossoms
9. Barbara (cre8tivestamper) -- Bring on the Cake Set & Build-a-cupcake punch
10. Carmen -- Create a Cupcake
11. Mary (MaryR) -- Botanical Gazette DSP and You're A Gem
12. Holly K. (Cat Rules) -- Nature Walk
13. Cindy (CindyE) -- Clearly For You
14. Jennifer (SunflowerStamper) -- Bold Blossom
15. Twila (tjdstampsalot) -- Eat Chocolate
16. Jennifer (jentimko) -- Say It Simply, Framed Tulips Impressions Folder, Beveled Windowpanes
17. Sara (lilyinkpad) -- In Stitches wheel & Sweet Stitches DSP
18. Kim (s1itcher46) -- Sew Suite
19. Kandi (kandicejo) -- Button, Button
20. Tanya (tanya27) -- Sew Suite Accessories
21. Betty (kittystamp) -- Sweet Stitches rub-ons
22. Heidi (hlw966) -- Plane & Simple
23. Debra (WebDeb) -- Be My Valentine
24. Krystal (skdeleeuw) -- Mother of Mine
Thanks for stopping by!