Saturday, December 26, 2009

Calendar Decor Blocks

I love this idea - creating a desk calendar with Decor Elements Blocks. I won't say this was my idea; I saw it somewhere else. But I just fell in love with it when I saw it and had to buy the supplies right away. [We won't talk about how long the items sat on my desk until I actually got to them...]

I used the Calendar Kit ($7.95) and Decor Elements Blocks ($9.95 for 4) from the Holiday mini. Remember the Holiday mini ends on January 4th, so if you want to recreate this project, don't delay!

Another angle. I trimmed the calendar pages down to 3 x 3" and used the patterned strips from the backside of the pages to decorate the blocks. I then added Designer Series Paper from the Old Olive and Thoroughly Modern DSP packs and finished it off with 1-1/4" Old Olive striped grosgrain ribbon. This ribbon isn't stiff; it is flexible like fabric, and it is great to tie knots and bows!

And another view. If you would like to order the supplies for this project or the precut kit, please contact me. I would also be glad to offer a class to recreate this project, if there is enough interest.

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: