Friday, November 27, 2009

Some Holiday Collection Cards

I am giving the Country Living Holiday kits (from last year) to my family for Christmas. So I sat down a couple days ago to make a unique card for each of them, so they would have examples using the Holiday Collection Stamp Set.

This card was a CASE of Angie Juda's topnote treat baggy that morphed into a card. Stamps: Holiday Collection; Paper: Kraft, Real Red, Very Vanilla, Merry Moments DSP; Ink: Whisper White craft, Chocolate Chip, Close to Cocoa; Accessories: Sponge, Wide oval punch, 1-3/8" circle punch, Circle scissors plus, Scallop #2 die, Topnote die, Big Shot, 1-1/4" striped grosgrain ribbon, Dimensionals.

Pinwheel = snowflake? I made the pinwheel with the Small Tag Punch, but you can also create a template, trace on your patterned paper, and cut out. Stamps: Holiday Collection; Paper: Chocolate Chip, Certainly Celery, Very Vanilla, Merry Moments DSP; Ink: Whisper White craft, Garden Green; Accessories: Small tag punch, 3/4" circle punch, Small snowflake punch, Dimensionals.

My upline shared this technique with us last year. I LOVE paper folding techniques! If you are interested, there is a link to the video tutorial in my SCS gallery (in the description for this card). Stamps: Holiday Collection; Paper: Bashful Blue, Kraft, Real Red, Very Vanilla, Merry Moments DSP, Bashful Blue DSP; Ink: Whisper White craft, Real Red, Bashful Blue, Close to Cocoa, Versamark; Accessories: Sponge, White embossing powder, Birds & Blooms die, Topnote die, Big Shot.

Wow, the edges of this card look really inked, but it is more subtle IRL. The Kraft cardstock and Bella Bleu DSP look really nice together. Stamps: Holiday Collection; Paper: Not Quite Navy, Kraft, Very Vanilla, Bella Bleu DSP; Ink: Whisper White craft, Not Quite Navy; Accessories: Sponge, Dazzling Diamonds, 2-way glue pen, Kraft taffeta.

Yes, that is a lot of kits for my sisters and my mom... and I didn't even cover my little sis. I have something else up my sleeve for her!

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: