Monday, April 20, 2009

Quick Post Before Running to Music Class

Thought I would share several ATC swaps I have completed recently. I am anxiously awaiting what I will get in return! I have become addicted to swapping ATCs - it is great to try different techniques in the small space, and it doesn't take up a ton of cardstock or postage! Really fun!

This ATC was for a demo swap for the various punches that SU sells. This is going to make a very nice sampler ring for the punches! I made this using a wooden holder for my ink spots that my husband made and the brayer. Using glossy white cardstock makes brayering SOOOO much easier!

This is for the Knitting & Sewing swap, hosted by Pat (Scraphead) on SCS. I will be seeing her at the SCS Syracuse shoebox swap. This is my first try at using the sewing machine by myself - although hubby did help me set it up so I could zig-zag. I am loving sewing on cards, so I have left the machine out for when the mood hits me.

This one is for the Ocean/Beach swap on SCS. I ran into some difficulty with this one. First the shell stamps were too big for an ATC, so I tried shrink plastic for the first time. My daughter got ahold of them, and the classic ink I used started smearing off. So, either I could be very upset or say it did not survive the 2-year-old field test. So I sealed them with acrylic spray, and that seemed to do the trick. Janneke tested and approved!

All materials details can be found in my ATC album on my SCS gallery. Thanks for looking!

No comments: