Thursday, July 20, 2017

In Color Neighborhood

Stampin' Up has some fabulous host stamp sets, which you can earn by holding a workshop or party, either in person or an online book party.  Unless distance or time is the issue, who wouldn't want to get together and stamp?

So I have the adorable In the City host stamp set, which has 60 stamp images!  To get my feet wet with it, I grabbed a card base I had laying on my desk, which I cut back when the In Colors launched in order to get accustom to them.

Stampin' Up In the City
A little white-on-white panel inside.

Stampin' Up In the City

CAS(E) this Sketch #230 uses a color blocking-type layout, and I immediately thought of this card base sitting there.  Perfect to incorporate some In Colors into my neighborhood scene (stamp layout borrowed from Lydia Fiedler).

I did use the masking technique for the car and cloud images.  Masking can make me twitchy, with all the Stamp-a-Ma-Jigging and potential for one stray mark to ruin the panel. But I do love the flat, yet in-depth, result. Tip: Draw a light pencil line to help align the houses and tree.  With such an eclectic color combination, I didn't add any embellishments, which makes this a perfectly mailable card.

Stamps: In the City; Paper: Powder Pink, Berry Burst, Fresh Fig, Lemon-Lime Twist, Tranquil Tide, Whisper White; Ink: Powder Pink, Berry Burst, Fresh Fig, Lemon-Lime Twist, Tranquil Tide, Pool Party; Accessories: Bohemian Washi Tape.


>>> LOVE THIS STAMP SET? <<<

1 comment:

Leigh Penner said...

I love this! Super sweet take on the sketch!