Sunday, January 18, 2015

The Stamp Review Crew: Valentine Free For All!

Welcome to another Stamp Crew Review Blog Hop!  We share our take on a selected stamp set every first and third Monday.  This time we are hopping along with any current Valentine-oriented images and supplies.  I love Valentine's... we get to dress up chocolates (yay!), and it also gives us something to look forward to during the cold month of January.  If you are hopping around in a circle, you have just come from Wendy Weixler's blog.  She is just so creative!

With Wonderous Wreath carrying over from the Holiday Catalog, I had a Valentine's wreath in mind.

Nothing too terribly complicated.  Just a lot of layering, which is quick and easy with the Wonderous Wreath + framelits bundle.  I used Color Throwdown #323 color combo again, because I just love it, and Freshly Made Sketches #165 layout to help me out.  And I did add Crystal Effects to the Calypso Coral berries in the wreath.

Stamps: Wonderous Wreath, You Plus Me, Hardwood BG; Paper: Crisp Cantaloupe, Calypso Coral, Crumb Cake, Very Vanilla; Ink: Crisp Cantaloupe, Calypso Coral, Crumb Cake, Baked Brown Sugar; Accessories: Confetti Heart border punch, Crystal Effects, Wonderful Wreath framelits, Big Shot, Thread.

Now make sure you check out the next stop to see what beauties Ann Schach has put together for us. 

 

16 comments:

Dawn Tidd said...

Very pretty! I love the Valentine wreath...very clever!

Linda Callahan said...

The wreath is so sweet adorned with hearts! I love wreaths all years round too!

Add Ink and Stamp said...

What a darling wreath! I love the sprinkling of little hearts but what sets it off for me is thread in the background. Reminds me of a vine.

Rochelle Blok said...

Love the use of the wreath with the hearts around it. Very cute! Great colours too!

Yapha Mason said...

What a super cute idea, Heidi! I love the hearts scattered on the Hardwood.

stampwithamyk said...

That's awesome Heidi! Love the wreath for valentines day. The little hearts are too cute!

Bronwyn Eastley said...

Love the heart wreath against the wood background. What a fantastic Valentine card.

Anonymous said...

Very cute! I love it a valentine wreath! Thank you for using this I was drawing a blank for that hop. I couldn't think beyond christmas and fall. lol

Unknown said...

Thanks for sharing! I love the rustic feel to your card and how you took a christmas set and made it Valentines! Awesome!

Tanya Boser said...

I love how you dressed this wreath up with the thread, sweet little hearts, and the thread! And the sentiment fits perfectly onto the wreath :)

RitaR said...

This gives me great ideas for an anniversary card using the wreath ... love your design!!

Unknown said...

I love how you took a "Christmassy" stamp set and made it work for Valentine's Day. Love your card.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful, Heidi! I absolutely adore the card that you created!

WebDeb said...

So nice to see that wreath transitioned to a new holiday -- great card!

Ann Schach said...

Very cute, Heidi! Such a clever way to use this set!!!

Carol Carriveau said...

Wonderful card!!!