Sunday, January 4, 2015

The Stamp Review Crew: Perfect Pennants

Welcome to another Stamp Crew Review Blog Hop!  We share our take on a selected stamp set every first and third Monday.  This time we are hopping along with the fun and popular all-occasions set, Perfect Pennants, which comes as a bundle with coordinating Banner framelits.  If you are hopping around in a circle, you have just come from Deb Burgin's blog.  Deb has such a lovely style!

I was looking around for some stampin' inspiration and came across the Sunday Stamps Color Challenge #89, It's All Plum.  Plum is one of my troublesome colors.  Hey, don't get me wrong, I love purple.  I just don't seem to stamp with it much.

I love playing with embossing paste and stencils.  It's just one of those messy processes that I find really satisfying... even if I have to wait for it to dry.  I decided to recycle a card layout I have used in the past with this set, Perfect Pennants.

Stamps: Perfect Pennants; Paper: Wisteria Wonder, Very Vanilla, Gold Designer Vellum; Ink: Perfect Plum; Accessories: Gold sequin trim, Translucent embossing paste, Hearts & Stars decorative masks, Banners framelits, Big Shot, Sewing machine, Thread, Dimensionals.

I challenged myself to make a Valentine's project with this set.

Here I incorporated some items from the upcoming Occasions catalog, Confetti Heart border punch and Stacked with Love DSP.  I used the color combination from Color Throwdown #323 and sketch from Retro Sketches #146.

Stamps: Perfect Pennants; Paper: Crisp Cantaloupe, Calypso Coral, Crumb Cake, Baked Brown Sugar, Very Vanilla, Stacked with Love DSP, Gold Foil sheet; Ink: Crisp Cantaloupe, Calypso Coral, Baked Brown Sugar, Versamark; Accessories: Rhinestone jewels, Confetti Heart border punch, Gold EP, Sponge, Hearts Collection framelits, Squares Collection framelits, Big Shot, Sewing machine, Thread, Dimensionals. 

I thought I was done.  Since it is the new year, I started playing around with New Year's card ideas.  "Make a Wish" makes for a good sentiment for the occasion.

Similar layout to the first card, I stamped Dotty Angles background with both heat-embossed silver and Silver Encore ink.  I also incorporated some bokeh effect with White Craft ink and silver sequins.

Stamps: Perfect Pennants, Dotty Angles; Paper: Blackberry Bliss, Basic Black, Silver Fancy Foil Vellum, Silver Glimmer; Ink: White Craft, Silver Encore, Versamark; Accessories: Frosted Sequins, Silver EP, Clear EP, Circle punches, Itty Bitty Accents punch pack, Sponge dauber, Banners framelits, Big Shot, Sewing machine, Thread, Dimensionals.

Make sure you check out the next stop to see what lovelies the fabulous Kerry Willard Bray has put together with Perfect Pennants

 

14 comments:

Beth Beard said...

Great set of cards and the shaker card is very cute!

Anonymous said...

These are all beautiful! And what a coincidence, because I just stitched up some cards this weekend, too!

Yapha Mason said...

Fabulous cards, Heidi! I love the middle one with the stitched shaker heart -- it's super cute!

Dawn Tidd said...

Wow, what a terrific trio! I never thought of a stitched shaker but it's adorable. And your plum card is lovely!

stressfreestamping said...

I adore your shaker card! I am over here pouting because I do not sew. :( lol Great cards!

Ann Schach said...

Awesome cards, Heidi! I absolutely adore the stitching! The shaker heart is so clever!

Rochelle Blok said...

I love all your cards Heidi but my all time favourite is the Valentine's inspired card. Love the frame and the and the shaker heart! Very cute!

Anonymous said...

I love all of these! I never thought to stitch the shaker card either. lol Genius! I LOVE that new years card awesome sauce! Happy New Year

Add Ink and Stamp said...

Wow as always! All three cards are lovely in different ways. You inspired me to get out my sewing machine!

Deb said...

Love all your stitching! Your projects are just beautiful! Great details in each! Love them!!

Carol Carriveau said...

All three are fabulous but the last is my personal fav....wonderful designs!

WebDeb said...

I've had a craft sewing machine that has been untouched for ... a long time. Now I am so fired up to start stitching on paper! Fabulous inspiration!

Unknown said...

These are great! I love how you incorporated sewing onto all of them. I would really love to do that. It looks so good.

Mike said...

Heidi, all your creations are wonderful but I love the square heart card the best. I like how both hears are angled!