Sunday, November 2, 2014

The Stamp Review Crew: Kinda Eclectic

Welcome to another Stamp Crew Review Blog Hop!  We share our take on a selected stamp set every first and third Monday.  This time we are hopping along with the wonderful collage set, Kinda Eclectic.  If you are hopping around in a circle, you have just come from Mike Funke's blog.  I love his classy stampin' style!

In general, I find this stamp set pretty easy to put together a beautiful card.  Just find a nice layout you like and apply the images to it.  I would call it more of a minimal layer set, such that is it easy to layer the images on one piece of card stock and get them to work beautifully together.

The above paragraph applies to YOU.  Me?  I had some trouble.  :)  I reworked and reworked my card and finally got something I liked better.  There were a lot of iterations, but I'll just share the end and beginning (farther below).

This one uses Mojo Monday Sketch #369.  Love a tall, skinny sketch!  I liked my seashore scene too much, and I couldn't give up on it.  This is a good card for Jen's HYCCT challenge, Hope Soars.

Stamps: Kinda Eclectic; Paper: Very Vanilla, Whisper White; Ink: Marina Mist, Lost Lagoon, Crisp Cantaloupe, Hello Honey, Calypso Coral, Crumb Cake, Memento Tuxedo Black; Accessories: White gel pen, Elegant Butterfly & Bitty Butterfly punches, Cupcake builder punch, Handheld Stapler, Brayer, Watercolor brush.

Here's the original card -

Playing along with Mix-Ability Challenge #71, Sandy Shores, I started by brayering the seashore scene and kept building from there.  Things continued to get more dirty, and I went off the deep end of sponging, splattering, and texture.  Like with a lot of my mixed media, I wasn't sure if I liked it a lot, or it looked like snot.  I'm sharing it, because well, I put a bunch of time into it for one.  And two, it illustrates that you can really change the feel of your card if you tear it apart and change a couple colors.  :)

Stamps: Kinda Eclectic; Paper: Lost Lagoon, Very Vanilla, Whisper White; Ink: Marina Mist, Lost Lagoon, Crisp Cantaloupe, Hello Honey, Tangelo Twist, Crumb Cake, Memento Tuxedo Black; Accessories: White gel pen, Elegant Butterfly & Bitty Butterfly punches, Cupcake builder punch, Dots & Stripes decorative masks, Handheld Stapler, Brayer, Sponge, Embossing paste, Watercolor brush.

Now make sure you check out the next stop to see what fabulous projects Beth Beard has put together with Kinda Eclectic

 

9 comments:

Dawn Tidd said...

This is amazing! I love your scene and how you split it into sections. It's just gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

So clever! Honestly I love both cards..I definitely think the original worked well. And, I so appreciate that you paired it down to create a whole new look.

Beth Beard said...

Both are beautiful! Love the seashore theme and how you split the sections!

Terri Orr said...

Wow!!! Both cards are phenomenal! Not sure I could choose a favorite between them. Your inking is amazing!!

Jenny said...

When I saw the first card I thought that's cute but when I saw the second, I thought WOW!!!!! Great job.

Kay Hahn Casler said...

Beautiful Heidi!! Love it!

Anonymous said...

What a pretty scene! Like you, I like the top one more but they are both lovely. Great use of this set, too!

Add Ink and Stamp said...

I wanna be you when I grow up. lol Seriously Heidi, I love everything you create and these cards are jaw dropping gorgeous!!

Anonymous said...

I agree with Lisa! lol It is gorgeous Heidi. I laughed at your one layer simple comment. I struggle on the simple end. lol They are gorgeous and I love them both!