Friday, November 7, 2014

FM185 Razzi-Indi-Green Too Kind

Oh boy, Sara's color combination for this week's Friday Mashup was a real challenge for me.  I had to think for a long time on what stamp set to choose.

I finally went with flowers, and I also turned to Mix-Ability Challenge #69Faux Tile, to help me out.  The main panel was created by stamping and watercoloring.  For the background, I did a watercolor wash, then created the "grout" with painter's tape and sponging.  I wanted to lighten up the background, so I applied a layer of gesso by pouncing.  I sanded some areas of the background, once dried, and then added a layer of vellum.

Alas, once I was nearly done, I realized I forgot the diamond dust technique, so I guess I won't be mashing it up this week.  This card uses Freshly Made Sketches #159.

This week's Mashup Challenge is:

  • Create a project using the "Diamond Dust Technique" Tutorial Here
  • Create a project using the colors "Island Indigo, Garden Green & Rich Razzleberry (or similar colors if you don't have these exact colors). 
  • or Mash it Up! and create a project "using the colors above and the Diamond Dust Technique".
Stamps: Too Kind, Petite Pairs; Paper: Garden Green, Very Vanilla, Polka Dot Parade DSP, Watercolor Paper, Vellum; Ink: Island Indigo, Garden Green, Rich Razzleberry; Accessories: White baker's twine, Silver brads, Circle punches, Sponge, Sanding block, Gesso, Watercolor brush, Painter's tape, Dimensionals.

Don't forget this week's Weekly Deals, available through Monday -

Basic Black 3/4 Chevron Ribbon
Basic Black 3/4" Chevron Ribbon
Price: $8.95 $6.71
Boys Will Be Boys Wood Stamp Set by Stampin' Up!
Boys Will Be Boys Wood-Mount Stamp Set
Price: $24.95 $18.71
Grateful Heart Thanksgiving Ensemble -- Digital Download
Grateful Heart Thanksgiving Ensemble - Digital Download
Price: $14.95 $8.97
Island Indigo 3/4 Chevron Ribbon
Island Indigo 3/4" Chevron Ribbon
Price: $8.95 $6.71
Large Triangle Punch
Large Triangle Punch
Price: $15.95 $11.96
Shaker Frames
Shaker Frames
Price: $4.95 $3.71
Silver Stampin' Glitter by Stampin' Up!
Silver Stampin' Glitter
Price: $3.95 $2.96
Twine Baker's Early Espresso
Twine Baker's Early Espresso
Price: $2.95 $2.21

1 comment:

Simply Sara Stampin' said...

Heidi, I love how you used the colors on your card, it's just beautiful!