Sunday, August 17, 2014

The Stamp Review Crew: Daydream Medallions

Welcome to another Stamp Crew Review Blog Hop!  We share our take on a selected stamp set every first and third Monday.  This time we are hopping along with a versatile stamp set, Daydream Medallions, which also has a collection of coordinating Floral Frames framelits.  In fact, as part of the Big Shot & Bundles promotion, you can save 15% on the bundle through August 31!  If you are hopping around in a circle, you have just come from Cindy's blog.  Cindy has such a classic and lovely style!

As I was contemplating this set, I thought how the images could be used as a background or as a main image.  I was a little bit limited, in that I don't own the framelits, but quickly found this set makes lovely clean & simple cards.  With another wedding coming up, it is perfect for an elegant card.

I paired the background images with die-cuts from the new Flower Frenzy die, for a fun dimensional element.  A little bit of inking, spritzing, and scrunching gives the flower some color variation and interest.

Stamps: Daydream Medallions, A Dozen Thoughts; Paper: Elegant Eggplant, Perfect Plum, Old Olive, Hello Honey, Whisper White; Ink: Elegant Eggplant, Perfect Plum, Hello Honey; Accessories: Vintage Faceted button, Linen thread, Stampin' Spritzer, Flower Frenzy die, Big Shot, Dimensionals.

I was in need of some birthday cards, and I surprised myself with stamping a couple more quick cards.  The first is based on a layout from Megan Daves, using a bright and happy color combination from Fab Friday #46.

Stamps: Daydream Medallions, Good Greetings; Paper: Strawberry Slush, Whisper White, Sweet Taffy DSP, Confetti Celebration DSP; Ink: Coastal Cabana, Strawberry Slush, Daffodil Delight; Accessories: Rhinestone jewels, Itty Bitty Accents punch pack, Beautiful Wings embosslit, Big Shot, Dimensionals.

For the second card layout, I CASE'd myself.  :)  I stayed with a very pleasing neutral color palette.

Stamps: Daydream Medallions, And Many More; Paper: Crumb Cake, Baked Brown Sugar, Soft Suede, Chocolate Chip; Ink: Crumb Cake, Baked Brown Sugar, Soft Suede, Chocolate Chip, Early Espresso; Accessories: Linen thread, Stylish Stripes EF, Autumn Accents die, Big Shot, Sewing machine, Thread.

Now make sure you check out the next stop to see what fabulous projects the stylish Mike Funke has put together with Daydream Medallions

 

11 comments:

Unknown said...

What a delightful collection, Heidi! Love all three cards -- your color choices, the textures, the overall composition.

Dawn Tidd said...

A terrific trio of gorgeous cards, Heidi! Each one of them is a real "wow"!

Debbi said...

Great ideas, Heidi! I really like the last one. So different from the "usual" ideas with this stamp set.

Yapha Mason said...

Such pretty cards, Heidi! You really show the versatility of the stamps. I love the fall one, and your flower on the first one is gorgeous.

Natalie said...

Wow, these are so beautiful, and so different. What great ideas!

Mike said...

I love them all, but the fall card is my favorite. I love how you did the border and the colors you used. Stunning!

Betty said...

Once again I can not pick a favorite. These three really show your talent for CAS style!

Add Ink and Stamp said...

Heidi, you are amazing. Pure and simple! I love the addition of the flower in the first card, the simple, classy look of the second and the brilliance of creating a border on the third card (not to mention the awesome leaves!)

Mitzi Luttrull said...

Heidi, I love the style of all three of your cards. Very nice!

Parker said...

I so like how you used the medallions going diagonal with the purple flower in lower right. Beautiful work.

Tanya Boser said...

There is so much to love about each and everyone of your cards, let's just say I wish I had your creative brain! These are all so stunning!