Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Mix-Ability Catch-Up

I've got some mixed media challenge projects to share.  These creations can be hit or miss, but in any case, I am learning a lot!  I hope you don't mind me posting and sharing, especially as a sort of diary for myself (and Little Missy).

 
MIX28 - Any Way the Wind Blows

For this project, my daughter and I used reinkers and blew them around with a straw. She thought the Bermuda Bay ink looked like Coral, so she went with an underwater theme. She also made up her own sentiment.

MIX29 - Crack and Stitch

I used the cracked glass technique for the sentiment and some stitching on the layout.  Does it remind you of a vintage sign on a barn side?

MIX30 - Use Fabric

This challenge combines fabric with at least one other medium.  I glued fabric to card stock, ran it through the Snowflake #2 die, and sponged the edges.  For some fun texture, I used the Build A Banner Simply Created kit from the Holiday catalog to create a chevron background with embossing paste.  Love getting messy, so a little splatter too.  I created this with the Freshly Made Sketches challenge #122.

MIX32 - Getting Into the Negative - The challenge here was to add some color and to take some color away (colorless alcohol marker, bleaching, water, salt technique).  I started with an inspiration photo.

I've never done water stamping, so I thought I would give it a try.

I brayered the background and then stamped with water.  I wish I had gone with a darker background.  Then I threw water droplets at it.  I created an embossing paste template with the Secret Garden framelits.  I got a little bleed-through from my post-it notes, which is covered easily enough with a bit more spritzing.  Looks like I threw paprika at it - LOL!

If you are interested in the supplies used for these projects, you can find them in my SCS gallery.  Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

Tami said...

The last one is definitely my favorite. This one is truly frameable! Gorgeous!