Saturday, February 9, 2013

Thank You in Grunge

Some snow day stamping...  There's a new challenge on Splitcoaststampers, Mix-Ability.  Each Friday we get to get our feet wet with mixed media projects.  I'm jumping in with the second challenge, Hard to Resist.  The first suggestion was to use emboss resist, but I opted to try acrylic resist.


For this, I used flat white acrylic paint, so it didn't quite resist the ink as expected; maybe that shimmer factor in the paint is necessary.  Still kinda funky look, so I kept sponging more colors to get something I liked.  I also used white acrylic paint for the chalkboard-type sentiment.  That stamp (don't you love it?) is from the Dude, You're Welcome kit.

I wanted to turn this card a little feminine, so I added the Eastern Blooms branch, but used some grungy flowers.  They were punched out of a spare faux mother of pearl scrap I had, which has already been sponged with Cajun Craze ink.

Stamps: Dude, You're Welcome, Eastern Blooms, Gratuitous Graffiti; Paper: Summer Starfruit, Basic Black, Very Vanilla, Whisper White; Ink: Summer Starfruit, Cajun Craze, Basic Gray, Whisper White Craft, Black Stazon; Accessories: Pearl Jewels, Eyelets, Hemp twine, Frost White shimmer paint, Itty Bitty punch pack, Sponges, Apothecary Accents framelits, Big Shot, White colored pencil, White acrylic paint.

Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

Lili said...

Gorgeous background. Love your card, it does look feminine with those flowers and the pearls in the center.
Hugs ;)