Monday, August 6, 2012

Sponging Silhouettes

Time to play with a new stamp set, Serene Silhouettes, that is staring at me for our downline meeting.  I couldn't get away from the idea of doing a sky-type background for this image, but I wanted to use something simpler than brayering.  So for the background, I sponged sunset colors by rubbing the sponge over Whisper White card stock, rather than dabbing, in three distinct areas.  I then went over the borders of the layers by blending (sponging) them with the lighter color.


I tried to use some new items on this card, such as the Apothecary Accents framelits and new paper piercing pack.

I kept it clean and simple so the eye is drawn to the focal point.  I need a sentiment that says, "Take a moment..." or something like that.

Stamps: Serene Silhouettes, Fabulous Phrases; Paper: Basic Black, Whisper White; Ink: More Mustard, Pumpkin Pie, Cajun Craze, Basic Black craft; Accessories: Clear EP, Piercing tool, Essentials Paper-Piercing Pack, Simply Scored, Sponges, Square Lattice EF, Apothecary Accents framelits, Big Shot.

Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

Kelly said...

Congratulation! Your project has been chosen for the Blog Finds of the Day on August 8. If you would like to see other projects chosen for blog finds, please visit http://blogfindsoftheday.blogspot.com

Dale Morin said...

Beautiful card! I am going to have to give this a try. TFS