Monday, August 6, 2012

Sponging Silhouettes

Time to play with a new stamp set, Serene Silhouettes, that is staring at me for our downline meeting.  I couldn't get away from the idea of doing a sky-type background for this image, but I wanted to use something simpler than brayering.  So for the background, I sponged sunset colors by rubbing the sponge over Whisper White card stock, rather than dabbing, in three distinct areas.  I then went over the borders of the layers by blending (sponging) them with the lighter color.


I tried to use some new items on this card, such as the Apothecary Accents framelits and new paper piercing pack.

I kept it clean and simple so the eye is drawn to the focal point.  I need a sentiment that says, "Take a moment..." or something like that.

Stamps: Serene Silhouettes, Fabulous Phrases; Paper: Basic Black, Whisper White; Ink: More Mustard, Pumpkin Pie, Cajun Craze, Basic Black craft; Accessories: Clear EP, Piercing tool, Essentials Paper-Piercing Pack, Simply Scored, Sponges, Square Lattice EF, Apothecary Accents framelits, Big Shot.

Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

Dale Morin said...

Beautiful card! I am going to have to give this a try. TFS