I did the Faux Mother of Pearl technique as a Workshop WOW at the Stampin' Up Baltimore Regionals. Here's a link to my samples. And here's the technique using Stampin' Up supplies:
So here is the "Mashup" Challenge :
- Make a project using the "Sketch".
- Or Make a project using the "Faux Mother of Pearl Technique".
- Or "Mash it Up" and create a "project using the Faux Mother of Pearl Technique & the Sketch.
- Apply a small amount of Frost White Shimmer Paint to a paper plate or craft sheet.
- Scrunch up a ball of plastic wrap, dip it in the paint, dab off the excess, and then dab paint onto your card stock. Leave some white space on your card stock. Let dry.
- Sponge or brayer dye-based ink on your card stock, starting with the lightest color. Light pinks and blues work well.
- Wipe off the dye ink from the shimmer paint areas with a paper towel.
- Stamp your image in Black Stazon ink, and color in, if necessary. You may need to wipe off the ink in the shimmer paint areas again, after it dries.
I had to search for a bit to find a sentiment that might fit an Ides of March card. I couldn't find "Beware... take care!" in my supplies. Does no one send warning card?! :)
Stamps: Classic Sketches, Sense of Time; Paper: River Rock, Sahara Sand, Basic Gray, Very Vanilla, Well Worn DSP; Ink: River Rock, Soft Suede, Black Stazon, Basic Gray marker; Accessories: Linen thread, Frost White shimmer paint, Platinum shimmer paint, 1-3/4" Circle punch, Color Spritzer Tool, Sponges, 3" Circle die, Big Shot, Sewing machine, Thread, Plastic wrap, Paper plate, Dimensionals.
Now on to the blog candy... I have the almost unmounted wood set Country Morning.
To participate in the blog candy give-away, please play along with our challenge, and then visit and leave a comment on the design teams' blog posts for this challenge. The winner of each blog candy item will be chosen from the respective blog post comments, one winner per blog, no duplicate winners. The deadline to enter is Wednesday, March 21 at noon EST. For my blog candy, I will be shipping to a U.S. or Canadian address only, please.
Thanks for stopping by!