Good Morning, Everyone!
Today's challenge on SU-Only Challenges is to use any Stampin' Around wheel on a project. I love these challenges, since they are so non-restrictive. You can go in so many directions.
I started with Music Notes wheel, pairing it with the bird image from Nature Walk. I created a bird house by altering an existing template. The sentiment is from Cheep Talk... a special note of thanks... get it? LOL!
There is a lot of sponging to dress up this birdhouse. The roof was created by sponging a Scallop Trim punch-out, the edges of the house are distressed, and the bird was colored by sponging as well. There was so much vintage-y brown going on, I dressed up the sides with leaf branches and flower punch-outs. The pearl jewels dress up the flowers sooooo much!
Edit to add steps to create:
1. Create birdhouse with Crumb Cake cardstock using this template. I altered it to have straight side walls.
2. Stamp bottom of birdhouse with Music Notes wheel in Soft Suede ink. Punch 1-1/4" circle in birdhouse front wall. Punch a small hole in front wall for placement of wooden skewer bird post.
3. Assemble birdhouse and sponge edges with Soft Suede ink.
4. Create the roof from 3-1/4 x 6" Soft Suede cardstock, punch edges with Scallop Edge punch, and use a Scallop Edge template to sponge scallops on roof in Soft Suede ink.
5. Punch two holes in center of roof with Crop-o-dile to run ribbon through before attaching roof to birdhouse.
6. Stamp bird from Nature Walk, sponge with Soft Suede, Marina Mist, and Peach Parfait, cut out and attach. Color a wooden skewer by rolling in Soft Suede ink, cut to size, and insert into birdhouse. Use a little bit of Tombo multipurpose glue to keep in place.
7. Decorate with Old Olive Little Leaves die-cuts and Marina Mist Itty Bitty flower punches, curling up edges of flowers and attaching Pearl Jewels.
8. Stamp sentiment on Very Vanilla cardstock and cut out by hand. Attach Very Vanilla piece to Marina Mist cardstock and cut out by hand. Attach to birdhouse, along with a Marina Mist flower and Pearl Jewel.
Stamps: Nature Walk, Cheep Talk, Music Notes wheel; Paper: Crumb Cake, Soft Suede, Old Olive, Marina Mist, Very Vanilla; Ink: Soft Suede, Marina Mist, Peach Parfait, Soft Suede marker; Accessories: 1-1/4" Circle punch, Scallop Border punch, Itty Bitty punch pack, Sponges, Pearl Jewels, Old Olive satin ribbon, White gel pen, Wooden skewer, Little Leaves die, Big Shot.
Thanks for stopping by!
- Paper Pumpkin
- Free Project PDF
- Stampy Resume
- Join Us!