Wednesday, December 22, 2010

My Digital Studio Christmas

I hope you got all your Holiday preparations nearly complete and take some well needed time and rest to enjoy your family and friends! Before I get into the details, just look at the image on this card. Don't forget the reason for the season! Praise God, Christ is born! Little Missy is learning all about the men following the star to find Baby Jesus, riding on candles! :)

This card is a CASE of Cindy Elam's, which is a CASE of Jan Tinklenberg's, so you may have seen this before. The neat thing about this card is that it uses My Digital Studio (MDS).

I downloaded the Come to Bethlehem stamp brush set for MDS, $1.95 (#123963). Compared to the stamp set cost, $14.95 clear-mount or $19.95 wood-mount, so economical!! I edited a bit in MDS so I could get the silhouette in Early Espresso, star in Daffodil Delight, sentiment in Marina Mist, imported a jpeg into Power Point so I could fiddle with the sizing and spacing, and printed four images per page of cardstock. This was one of my main Christmas cards this year. Although I knew I would use MDS for my cards, I thought I would be having them professionally printed. This was just so easy, and the turn-around time was great! ;)

So once the main panel was printed, I just cut it on my paper cutter, and turned it into a hybrid card by adding sponging, a rhinestone, ribbon, and a base. Just as easy as stamping!

Stamps: Come to Bethlehem (MDS); Paper: Marina Mist, Very Vanilla; Ink: Marina Mist; Accessories: Sponge, Circle template, Rhinestone jewels, Daffodil Delight ribbon.
And I created a MDS photo card for family and friends who don't get to see Little Missy on a regular basis. I CASE'd the layout from Jessica Bowhall on the My Digital Studio website. Do you have MDS? Have you tried that site? Lots of samples, chit-chat, and sharing!

Stamps: A Cute Christmas (MDS); Paper: Real Red, Candy Cane Lane DSP (MDS); Accessories: Pretty in Pink taffeta ribbon.
Thanks for stopping by!

8 comments:

Yapha said...

The Cute Christmas card is so cute!! I love your hybrid cards!

Holly/Rubber Redneck said...

Cute!!!

Mickey Roberts said...

Love both cards! You are rocking the MDS!

Sara Mattson-Blume said...

SO cool to add stuff to the card to make it so much better! Love it!

Debra Burgin said...

I am so impressed with this card! You have a perfect combination of high-tech and hands-on!

Jen Timko said...

Love it! Hope your family has a wonderful Christmas!

Shelley Z said...

That's my favorite Christmas stamp set! Love what you did with the MDS version of it.

Anonymous said...

Both of the cards are wonderful. Love that by going "hybrid" you were able to do such different things and get exactly what you wanted. All for cheap labor, lol. (And the cartoon is too funny - perfect for what we do!)