Saturday, November 20, 2010

ColourQ Challenge

I got some new stamps today, so I thought I would sit down with the ColourQ challenge and ink them up. ETA: This card was crowned ColourQ Courtier!

Ok, this set isn't new, but it is new to me. I have been wanting it forever, and I can't wait to make some winter cards with it.

I was following a Michelle Zindorf tutorial, and I had some issues, but I forged ahead.

The stamped-off tree images look like poop, and the embossed leaves at the bottom didn't resist sponging very well. Hubby didn't like it at all.

So here is the improved card, I hope. TIP: If you want to take a layer off your card, try sliding dental floss under the layer. It is a staple in my craft room!

I brayered at an angle with More Mustard and Pumpkin Pie. I also brayered the bottom with Old Olive. And then I stamped. At least it came out cleaner.

This card also satisfies a couple Virtual Stamp Night challenges from last weekend over at SplitCoastStampers, things you see in the sky (trees) and using silver and stitching. I thought this card would also fit in well for the challenge over at Stampin' Celebration.

The layout of the background is called Color Blocking. Here's a closer look at the stitching.

Do you like the second card better?

Stamps: Season of Friendship; Paper: Rich Razzleberry, Early Espresso, Whisper White, Sweet Pea DSP, Autumn Vine DSP; Ink: More Mustard, Pumpkin Pie, Old Olive, Rich Razzleberry, Early Espresso; Accessories: Brayer, Silver brads, Coluzzle, Scallop Circle die, Big Shot, Sewing machine, Thread, Dimensionals.

Thanks for stopping by!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cool - I always have a hard time using that large scallop circle because it is SO large; but it looks great here! The first one is fine, but the second one is prettier somehow. (Of course, I saw your opinion first...lol)

Add Ink and Stamp said...

I love them both and for different reasons. The first looks very artsy to me (don't see what you're seeing I guess. lol) and the second one looks crisp and clean.

Holly/Rubber Redneck said...

I love them both! I too have wanted that set forever as well! lol

Holly / InkPaperStamps said...

LOL, I think the first card looks like a misty, funky cool forest. But I like them both, Heidi.

Yapha said...

Those are great! I do like the second one better, but I like the first one a lot too!

Krystal De Leeuw said...

Gorgeous!! I always forget to pull the set out. And I love it!! Thanks for playing along with the ColourQ!

Sylvia said...

This is a beautiful card, Heidi! I actually like the first card the best! The second one is lovely as well! Thanks for playing the ColourQ challenge with us this week!

Cindy said...

Before I even read your post, I thought that card looked like something Miz Zindorf would make! BEAUTIFUL!!!

Shelley Z said...

I really like both cards! You did well with all those challenges that you put into one card!

Dany said...

I really like both of them, but the 2nd one is a cleaner crisper card. I like the effect of stamping off the trees, and I really like the green 'grass' at the bottom. I also love that you used a sewing machine on your card. Great job!

Sara Mattson-Blume said...

SO BEAUTIFUL! Love, love, love it!