Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Classic Sketches

Here's another stamp set that is retiring... this stamp didn't seem to be highly popular, but I love it! I like to use the unusual stamp sets, especially for swaps, since not everyone will be "doing" that one. Sort of like not wearing the same dress as someone else to the party.

This is a card I created for my Monthly 1 Swap, using Kraft, Baja Breeze, Mellow Moss, and Bella Bleu DSP.

This one was for an "Ancient" ATC swap. I used a Latin background that I printed off the internet.

I wanted to use shaving cream to recreate the marble look. I followed the brick tutorial on SCS, and after I cut the bricks, I sponged each edge individually - a little detail that really makes the card. This one got a lot of hits on SCS.

Stamps: Classic Sketches; Paper: Sahara Sand, Whisper White; Ink: Basic Black, Versamark, Creamy Caramel; Accessories: Black EP, Creamy Caramel reinker, Shaving cream, Sponge, Library clip, Dimensionals.

A masculine birthday card - this is a little easier version of a shaving cream technique card we made in club this month. It was messy at my house this month, with shaving cream and cracked glass! My ladies would have killed me if we had done the brick card! Bella Bleu paper works really well with this set, a nice classic look.

Stamps: Classic Sketches, Sincere Saluations; Paper: Kraft, Very Vanilla, Bordering Blue, Bella Bleu DSP; Ink: Close to Cocoa, Creamy Caramel, Bordering Blue; Accessories: Creamy Caramel reinker, Shaving cream, Wide oval punch, Sponges, Mini library clip, Linen thread, Dimensionals.

An altered notebook and pen for my MOPS gift exchange. This set has the perfect images for a travel notebook or travel scrapbook page.

Hope you enjoyed your little trip back in time. Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

Kelly said...

Congratulations! I just wanted you to know that your project will appear on the Yahoo Group Late Night Stamper’s blog finds of the day for December 17. Want to receive your own copy of the blog finds of the day? Join us at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/stampinuplnstampers/ or visit our Blog Finds of the Day Blog at http://blogfindsoftheday.blogspot.com.