Wednesday, October 28, 2009

VSN Fun

I was able to play along with Virtual Stamp Night (VSN) on Sunday. The theme was a Masquerade. Here are my challenge cards; all card recipes can be found in my VSN gallery.

The challenge was to take a holiday stamp (Halloween here) and use it for another holiday (Christmas), i.e. a holiday stamp masquerading as another holiday. This was a super cool challenge to think outside the box!

This is a single layer card - can you believe it?? This challenge was "removing the layers", as in removing the mask. I have to say this is the most complex single layer card I have made, and it has given me lots more ideas for the future.

Here we had to be inspired by a clip from the movie Masquerade, the Phantom of the Opera theme. Well, there was a ballroom of people dancing and singing, with a lot of black and white dress, and there was one mask that caught my eye that looked just like the Split Negative technique - so there you go!

This card uses the new flocked paper from the Christmas Cocoa DSP pack - really beautiful paper!

A masking challenge (of course, since a masquerade is about a mask). I will use this card for an upcoming birthday, and it is always nice to have a reason to sew on a card.

Another out of the box challenge - create a card that wears a mask, an accent - one that enhances the main image without hiding it. Stamping on the acetate with white craft ink was part of the challenge, and I love it!

Again, VSN challenged me to create something totally new and different, something I would never have created on my own. It is a great creativity boost. I hope you enjoyed looking!

1 comment:

Christine B said...

I would love to see a Christmas card with a Jack-o-latern or skeleton!!! love the cards