Friday, August 25, 2017

Inky Friends Suite Designs Blog Hop


Welcome to Inky Friends Suite Designs Blog Hop!  We are each going to highlight a product suite from the annual catalog, which are always so lovely and yummy! If you have been following our hop in order, you have just come from Sharleen's blog featuring the Pick a Pattern suite. Weren't her projects fabulous?

For my stop on this blog hop, I am highlighting the Wood Textures Suite. This one is new to me, as I was a bit of a slow adopter.  First I'll share a card I made right out of the box to get my feet wet with this set.  Let me know if you've seen this one already...  Ok, you got me!  I did post it already, but I would have been happy to hold it back if I had known I would be signing up for the hop.  :)

Stampin' Up Wood Words
This set reminds me of Americana, hence the color scheme, and I've got a little rooster at sunrise action going on.  After some hemming and hawing, I really felt I needed to get this set since we are working on buying a farm property nearby (soon, I hope!).  This card uses CAS(E) this Sketch #231.

Stamps: Wood Words; Paper: Dapper Denim, Cherry Cobbler, Crumb Cake, Very Vanilla, Wood Textures DSP; Ink: Crushed Curry, Cherry Cobbler, Crumb Cake, Whisper White Craft; Accessories: Very Vanilla Baker's Twine, Banner punch, 1" Circle Punch, Wood Crate Framelits, Stitched Shapes Framelits, Big Shot, Dimensionals.

Next is a preview of this week's Sunday Stamps challenge.

Stampin' Up High Tide
Although the High Tide set is not officially part of the suite, it sure pairs nicely with the Wood Textures DSP and Burlap Ribbon.

Here is the sketch by Leena.

Stamps: High Tide, Lemon Zest; Paper: Crushed Curry, Marina Mist, Early Espresso, Very Vanilla, Wood Textures DSP; Ink: So Saffron, Soft Sky, Marina Mist, Real Red, Crumb Cake, Memento Tuxedo Black; Accessories: Linen Thread, Burlap Ribbon, White Embossing Powder, 1/4" Circle Punch, Decorative Ribbon Border Punch, Banner Punch, Ornate Tag Topper Punch, Sunburst Thinlit, Layering Circles Framelits, Big Shot.

Finally I thought it would be fun to pair up the crate framelit shape with Pick a Pumpkin from the upcoming Holiday catalog.

Stampin' Up Wood Words
I needed another type of embellishment, so I cut a wagon wheel on my e-cutter.  This bundle is fun stuff!

Stamps: Wood Words, Pick a Pumpkin, You've Got This, Hardwood BG; Paper: Old Olive, Cherry Cobbler, Crumb Cake, Soft Suede, Early Espresso, Very Vanilla, Wood Textures DSP, Coffee Break DSP; Ink: Crushed Curry, Old Olive, Peekaboo Peach, Pumpkin Pie, Cherry Cobbler, Crumb Cake; Accessories: Linen Thread, 1-1/8" & 1-1/4" Circle Punches, Wood Crate Framelits, Patterned Pumpkins Thinlits, Big Shot.

Make sure you check out the next stop to see what Yapha put together with the Coffee Break suite.  She always has fun projects!

 

10 comments:

Mickey Roberts said...

Beautiful projects, Heidi! I love the lighthouse paired with the wood textured paper. Gorgeous!

Yapha Mason said...

Gorgeous projects, Heidi! I love that wood paper and you showcased it beautifully!

Stamp with Shar said...

Heidi your cards are fabulous, love how you did a wheel on the cart, super cute! TFS

Staci said...

Very neat! Love how you combine the wood textures with other stamps I would not have thought of!

Sara Mattson-Blume said...

This paper has become my go to paper. Thanks for showcasing it so well with such fun projects. The farm card with the crate is my favorite. Love the combination of things for the crate!

Betty said...

These are so warm and welcoming! And how exciting about the upcoming farm purchase!

RhondaG - The Stampin' Bunny said...

So cute and country chic! I especially love the pumpkins!!

Claire Broadwater said...

Such fabulous cards, Heidi! I love the embossed sun and the wood grain background for your beautiful lighthouse! Such great take on the SS sketch! I hope you are having a great week, My Friend! XX

Shelley Z said...

Perfect projects for this paper. I agree that this set reminds me of Americana also!

Twila said...

Oh my, lot's of layering. wonderful cards, Heidi. Last one has got to be my favorite. Good luck on your move this weekend!