Friday, June 10, 2016

Stampin' Addicts New In Color Blog Hop


Welcome to Stampin' Addicts New In Colors Blog Hop!  How exciting to welcome some new colors to our collection!  If you have been following our yummy color tour in order, you have just come from Sara's blog featuring Peachaboo Peach. Weren't her projects fabulous?  For my stop on this blog hop, I am highlighting the new In Color Sweet Sugarplum.

I really do love these yearly blog hops that focus on color.  In the past, new stamp images have excited me most, but now it's color, color, color.  How does this color feel?  What does it remind me of?  For Sweet Sugarplum, it reminds me of a vintage dusty rose.

I thought a vintage collage card would be a nice match for this color.  The sketch comes from Sunday Stamps #128.  The detail for this card is all in the fussy cutting.


Stamps: Butterfly Basics; Paper: Sweet Sugarplum, Very Vanilla, Playful Palette DSP, Watercolor Paper; Ink: Blushing Bride, Sweet Sugarplum, Old Olive, Basic Black; Accessories: Aquapainter, Dimensionals.

I'll also share a card I made a couple weeks ago with the new set Swirly Bird and new thinlit dies Swirly Scribbles.

After I trimmed off the leaves on the middle-sized swirl die-cut, I outlined the die-cuts with a pencil and watercolored.  For the leaves, I stamped the branch image in the center to give them a bit more dimension.

Stamps: Swirly Bird, Crazy About You; Paper: Sweet Sugarplum, Rich Razzleberry, Basic Black, Very Vanilla, Watercolor Paper; Ink: Sweet Sugarplum, Rich Razzleberry, Old Olive, Versamark; Accessories: Metallic Sequin Assortment, White Embossing Powder, Watercolor Brush, Swirly Scribbles thinlits, Big Shot, Dimensionals.

The laser-cut card base from May's Paper Pumpkin kit reminded me of lattice work.  Using a past Paper Pumpkin stamp sets, Blissful Bouquet & Hello Sunshine, I created this card as an alternative idea for my Paper Pumpkin Club members.



To finish up, I think this In Color would be perfect for some 3-dimensional flowers.  Yet, that is not what I made.  ;)  I am pulling together some teachers' gifts, so I made little notepad and pen ensembles with the Playful Palette suite.

I softened up the patterned paper inside the easel with a thin layer of gesso so the sentiment could stand out.  Matching patterned paper inside the notepad and pen pull the ensemble together.

These are 5 x 8" notepads, cut in half at the office store.  To cover, score a 5-3/4 x 8-1/4" piece of card stock lengthwise at 2-3/4" and 3".

Stamps: Work of Art, Painter's Palette; Paper: Sweet Sugarplum, Peekaboo Peach, Very Vanilla, Whisper White, Playful Palette DSP; Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black; Accessories: Playful Palette Washi Tape, Rhinestone Jewels, Gesso, Dimensionals.

Make sure you check out the next stop to see what Yapha put together with Dapper Denim.  She always has fun projects!

 

6 comments:

Tanya Boser said...

You have certainly highlighted how sweet this color really is! I love all of them, but I think my favorite is the Swirly flowers with the watercolored accents :)

Yapha Mason said...

What gorgeous cards, Heidi! And I love your suggested color combos! I will definitely be using some of those!

Sara Mattson-Blume said...

Such variety! I love the paper pumpkin tie in- so cool. As a teacher, I love the teacher gifts!

Twila said...

Beautiful color pallet. My favorite is your first card, love all the layers and the soft feel it has. And your last project the notebook holders are pretty cute!

carole said...

Beautiful job!, the colors are working so well together! TFS
Carole Lovill

Annette Elliott said...

Wow, you have made some fabulous creations here highlighting Sweet Sugarplum! Love them all!