Thursday, May 7, 2015

FM208 Flowers for Mother

On the Friday Mashup this week, one of my favorite type of challenges, recycle or reuse supplies for your card!  I'm posting a bit early this week due to the Stampin' Addicts Retiring Blog Hop tomorrow.

I took this challenge seriously and ran to my recycle bin.  I punched circles out of scrap paper, colored with ink, and rolled flowers.  Similar process for the leaves.  The baker's twine was recycled from the, wait for it, bakery.  :)  I grabbed the embossed oval piece out of the scrap (card stock) bin.

Who needs new stuff all the time?  I'm sure there are 1000 things in this house I can use to make a card.  I do recommend quality card stock for card bases and stamped layers.  This card uses Freshly Made Sketches #183.

This week's Mashup! Challenge:

  • Create a project using a "Recycled or Upcycled Item".
  • Create a project for "Mother's Day". 
  • or Mash it Up! and create a project for Mother's Day using a Recycled/Upcycled Item".
Paper: Scrap paper, Whisper White, Sweet Taffy DSP; Ink: Daffodil Delight, Pumpkin Pie, Melon Mambo, Old Olive; Accessories: Recycled baker's twine, Pearl jewels, Circle & Scallop Circle punches, Itty Bitty punch pack, Sponges, Square Lattice EF, Little Leaves die, Oval framelits, Big Shot, Dimensionals.

3 comments:

Cynthia said...

Such a lovely Mother's Day card. Love the color combo and the pretty 3-d flowers! Great team challenge card.

Heidi Weaver said...

Hi Heidi, love the card. The scraps and pieces you've used from around your crafting room certainly compliment each other beautifully. I especially love those flowers.

Jenny Engelke said...

What a beauty you've created! I especially love that you used actual bakers twine! :)