Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Mixing It Up II

Continuing to play with the Mix-Ability challenge on Splitcoaststampers, in an effort to leave my stamp funk behind. 

 
MIX56 - Through the Mist

While Miss Lydia was busy enjoying Convention, I got to be inspired by her challenge. Here we use a scrap piece of cardstock to clean a brayer of acrylic paint. Very cool backgrounds can result.

I made quite a few of the backgrounds and picked a couple to finish into notecards.  For this card, I used the reflection technique.

And the second card, I painted in some sticks and stumps with acrylic paint.  I stamped the trees and softened the look with a wet watercolor brush.

Stamps: Lovely as a Tree, Branch Out, Le Jardin Botanique; Paper: Basic Black, Whisper White; Ink: Memento Jet Black; Accessories: White gel pen, Black acrylic paint, Brayer, Paint brush.

And while I was making these backgrounds, I discovered the three C's of stamping...

1 comment:

Cindy Brumbaugh said...

Wow...this is amazing, Heidi!