Thursday, April 24, 2014

FM157 Minnie Ears!

OMG... this is totes adorbs!  Cindy is bringing us a fancy fold Friday Mashup challenge with polka dots.

Here's your Mashup Challenge:
  1. Create a project with "Polka Dots".
  2. Create a project with a "Fun Fold".
  3. or Mash it Up! and create a "Fun Fold project with some Polka Dots"!
Well, I was drawing a complete blank.  I love polka dots, yet rarely use them.  They say party to me, bright colors, or a sunny day.  I just couldn't come up with a fun fold, combined with polka dots, that was floating my boat.  The perils of crafting by emotion, I guess.  What else could I think of that uses bold, bright polka dots?  Summer dresses... or... Minnie Mouse!

Ok, a shaped card isn't quite a fancy fold, but we'll just skip past that part.  ;)  I created a card base and mouse ears card front in My Digital Studio with circle and half circle punches.  The bow comes from the That's a Wrap download.  All items were traced and cut on the e-cutter.  Wouldn't this be the perfect card for a Minnie fan?

Paper: Basic Black, Polka Dot Parade DSP; Accessories: My Digital Studio punches, That's a Wrap MDS download, e-cutter.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

This is so adorable! Now I want to go to Disney World!

Margie Calenda said...

That big bow is fabulous! Minnie was due for a makeover years ago. The wait is over :)

Tara Bourgoin said...

This is absolutely darling! What a great card for this challenge.

Lynda Day said...

Heidi, I would have to say, this is a fancy fold card. Any little girl would be so excited to receive it. Great job!