Monday, March 24, 2014

MDSM59 John Pennekamp State Park

Hi Everyone! It's my turn to bring you this week's MDS Monday page sketch challenge. I've had a page, created with traditional scrapbooking, on my digital to-do list so I can include it in the next round of photobook printing.  Why not share it for everyone to play with?

I'd like to see some layered trim on your pages.  You could use a scallop border punch, or in my case, a string of larger circles.  What else can you think of?

Here's my page of our snorkeling trip in the Florida Keys.

Some tricks I used for this page:
  • I created a separate page with Crumb Cake card stock and Splatter stamps to create the sand.  After exporting as a .jpg, I could import into this page as a photo box and apply ripped edges.
  • I copied the .svg seahorse stamp image file over to a punch directory so I could add the seahorse punch and fill with patterned paper.
  • The shell was colored with a freeform layer.
  • In the original page, I heat embossed the title.  Here I chose a color a bit darker than the background and applied a light shadow to give the embossed effect.
MDS Elements: Stamps: Anchors Away - anchor, Morning Post Alphabet, By the Seashore - shell 2; Paper: Tea for Two DSP, Sycamore Street DSP, Well Worn DSP; Accessories: Very Vanilla - Stitching Straight, Natural Chevron Ribbon, Antique Brads - brad 4; Font: Palace Script MT.

Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

Tami Hewlett said...

Wow, Heidi,I loved reading about all the techniques you used to complete your page. Your page turned out gorgeous, and I love the layout!

beth rush said...

you are just always teaching me something new! I didn't realize that I could more a stamp image into a punch file and paper fill it! and great tip for the sandy torn edge! love it. great page!