Thursday, February 20, 2014

Mix-Ability Catch-Up Cont'd

I have more Mix-Ability Challenge projects to share. Well, what the heck is up with me and all the mixed media projects?  Sigh, our Florida trip was cancelled with this weather, so I have been relaxing this weekend and doing what I wanna do.  It is a small consolation prize; I'm still pretty bummed.

 

MIX39 - Watercolor-It

This is for LOVEFEST2014C Doodle-Do, doodling on your project, as well as watercoloring.   I traced the background of my scene with pencil (with the help of the internet), stamped the images with the help of some masking, then erased some pencil lines. I watercolored the main images. I was aiming for a clean scene; I only wished I hadn't screwed up the sentiment.  DH bakes quite often, and he always says this. Funny guy.

MIX41 - No Paper Allowed!

Here we were only to use paper as our base, all other layers should be art media (paint, gesso, etc.) or other type of materials (chipboard, metal, canvas, wood).  In this case, I applied gesso to my creativity journal page, which really wasn't necessary, because I then applied layers of gesso mixed with acrylic paint.  I applied embossing paste with the SU Build-a-Banner stencil.  The house was created using a retired chipboard piece, traced onto canvas.  I applied gesso to the chipboard clouds, then stamped with Good Grid to create texture, and finally sponging with Smoky Slate ink.

If you are interested in the supplies used for these projects, you can find them in my SCS gallery.  Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: