Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Mix-Ability Catch-Up

I've got some mixed media challenge projects to share.  It's been a while since I've been able to dabble in mixed media (I love to get dirty!), and a couple of these I hadn't posted.  Most of these didn't become cards, but rather pages in my creativity journal, aka This & That journal.

 
MIX22 - Use Your Credit Card

The background is created by scraping acrylic paint across the paper with a credit card.  Fun!  I created the windmill with embossing paste and pastels.

MIX23 - Multi-Surface

Create a project using 3 or more surfaces.  My "Note to Self" ATC uses cork, vellum, post-it note, and burlap.

MIX25 - Unfinished Business

Create a mixed media project on a white background, finishing only part of the stamped or sketched image, i.e. spotlighting, and using 3 or more mediums.  For mediums, I used watercoloring, acrylic paint for the sentiment, and clear embossing powder on the background.  I kept the background fairly neutral to focus on the globe and sentiment.  I colored the watercolor paper with an aquapainter, then I spritzed it with water to mix the colors.

MIX26 - Stencils!

Use stencils with two types of mediums.  I created a starburst stencil, inspired by the Nov/Dec issue of Stampin' Success magazine, and spritzed with Coastal Cabana ink/water solution.  Of course Little Missy helped me make a mess!  :)  I used a circle template to sponge bubbles in Pool Party and Soft Sky ink.  I now realize I used two different stencils and techniques, but both water-based ink.  Oops!

If you are interested in the supplies used for these projects, you can find them in my SCS gallery. Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: