Thursday, January 16, 2014

3-D Thursday: I {heart} Valentine's Day

We are having Valentine's Day class tonight.  How can you resist the adorable little ways to package treats?

We purchased the Monster Hugs kits for my daughter's class, but there are other fun ways to use these cuties as well.  Donna Griffith showed us a fun monster-box combo using an altered Tag a Bag gift box.  I didn't have these on hand, so I went with Crumb Cake card stock and the Envelope Punch Board.

With a 6 x 6" piece of card stock, score and punch each side at 2" and 4".  These boxes are closed with just a bit of SNAIL, so they can be easily opened and enjoyed.

The Sweetheart Treat Bags are cute as they are, but I wanted to give another idea for them.  Using the Bag-a-lope tutorial on Splitcoaststampers, I scored the sides and bottom at 3/4".  I also used the Finishing Touches edgelits to make an even zig-zag edge at the top.

I'd love to shoot a video of how quick and easy these treat holders go together, but I came home from Leadership to find my video set-up downstairs has been moved (again).  No end of frustration; I'm just shaking my head.  

Monster Hugs Girl (#132163) & Monster Hugs Boy (#132162)

Sweetheart Treat Bags (#134610)

Shop Stampin’ Up! online anytime.  Like what you see?  Make sure to share it.  Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

Chris said...

both of your projects are adorable. those monster boxes would be a fabulous treat box for a kid's valentine.