Friday, May 3, 2013

FM108 Wise Old Owl

It's Lili's turn to challenge us on the Friday Mashup.

Here's your Mashup Challenge:
  1. Create a project for "Graduation".
  2. Create a project with "any kind of Embossing".
  3. Or Mash it Up and create a project with "Embossing for Graduation".
I wanted to make a shape card, which isn't too difficult with the help of My Digital Studio.

Using the owl punch, I created and sized a template and printed it out.  I used temporary adhesive to tack down my template and trim my paper.  HINT: Bring in and place all your owl punch pieces into a card in the software, group them together, then size them.  I right-click the group and size it to 4-1/2" in the "edit object" window.  An easy way to keep them all in the right proportion.

The mortar board was created by hand-sketching on the back of the card stock (high tech, eh?).  By embossing the hat, I was able to mash it up.  :)

Paper: More Mustard, Basic Black, Whisper White, Fan Fair DSP; Ink: Crumb Cake, Whisper White craft; Accessories: Silver brad, Circle punches, Sponges, Square Lattice EF, Big Shot, My Digital Studio, Embroidery floss.

This card can be made with SVG files from MDS and an e-cutter, but that can get pricey.  It doesn't have to be.  You can create this with the MDS software (#130646, $19.99), the Two-Step Owl punch download (#122153, $0.95), your crafting supplies, and your home printer.  Even though e-cutters are all the rage, there's a certain charm when it is created by hand.

Thanks for stopping by!

3 comments:

Tara Bourgoin said...

This is absolutely fabulous, Heidi. I would never think of sizing an existing punch. Great tips.

Amy White said...

So sweet! Love the big owl idea for a shaped card - perfect for graduation!

Amanda Corbet said...

Your owl graduate is just so adorable! Very nice card! TFS!