Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Pool Time Progressive Digi Page

I haven't done a terribly copious amount of stamping the last couple weeks.  In fact, not much at all.  But I have been enjoying some digi-scrapping while watching The Bates Motel and Duck Dynasty.  Why are the beards so addicting?!

So Beth Rush linked up the Splitcoaststamper's progressive digital scrapping challenge on her blog.  Don't know how I missed it for nearly a year, but it sounded interesting.  Here's the premise:
The object is to complete one page over the course of four weeks by following instructions given in tasks posted each week. 
I've started on April's challenge, and I like it so much I went back and did March's (challenge 10).  Here's a pictorial view of how my page evolved, and as I've said about challenges, you end up with something cool you would never make on your own.

Task 1 - background paper and background photo

Task 2 - add a photo, filmstrip of photos, and embellishments.  Seeing as I had starting with my main photo as the background, I had to figure out a way not to cover it up.  I just added the same photo again to highlight it.

Task 3 - Add paper swatches behind photo strip, long strip of paper, and some ribbon

Task 4 - add a title and done

This challenge didn't disappoint with respect to trying to figure out how to layout the elements with each successive task.  I normally would never have used so many swatch layers... how fun!

MDS Elements: Stamps: Day in the Life frame; Paper: Baja Breeze textured, Sycamore Street DSP; Color Palette: Tangerine Tango, Island Indigo, Pool Party, Baja Breeze, Whisper White; Accessories: Mis-stitched, Sycamore Street ribbon, Dotted Scallop Ribbon border punch, Smitten Alphabet.

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: