Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Mixed Media Challenges

Hi Everyone, I've been playing along with the Mixed Media Challenges on Splitcoaststampers.  It uses a lot of techniques we stampers are already familar with, but I love playing with media I haven't tried yet, such as acrylic paint, and I love getting messy!  :)

 
Actually Missy and I have made this a regular weekend event; we make pages in our Creativity Journals together.  She actually asked me a couple weeks ago if we were going to do a challenge again.  LOVE!

The first two challenges were posted here and here.  But since I moved from cards to journal pages, I've posted most on my SCS gallery.  I thought I'd share a few here to catch you up.

MIX3 - Text paper and red

For reds, I used brick red acrylic paint, Cherry Cobbler ink (splatter and sponging), red card stock, and red washi tape. Mediums include acrylic paint, stamping, and My Digital Studio.

MIX4 - Make water-soluble color move

Watch Dina's video for lots of fun color-moving tricks.  How fun is this drippy water scene?

MIX5 - Masking

Here I used My Digital Studio to add some Project Life-type elements.  I used downloads Box of Chocolates (free) February Wallpaper,  Hello There kit, and Candid Frames, added photos, and printed.

Edit to add: I forgot about this half-page I made a few weeks ago.  My first stab at the Sent with Love set.

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: