Sunday, February 10, 2013

Summer Starfruit Smiles

I was looking around for an inspiring sketch to help get a thank you card made.  And I really wanted to do something in black & white with pencil shading. Here's what I came up with.


You can see some shading I did on the flower.  I sketched some petal veins and then rubbed in the lines with my finger.

This card was inspired by CAS(E) this Sketch #14.


Stamps: Reason to Smile, Oh, Hello, Fabulous Phrases; Paper: Whisper White, Patio Party DSP; Ink: Basic Gray; Accessories: 2-1/2" Circle punch, Pencil, Dimensionals.

Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

Ardyth said...

Great colour combination and i love the contrast between the soft flower and the geometric background! Thanks so much for playing along with this week's CAS(E) This Sketch!

Kim S said...

I love the shading on the heart - and I so love the color combo!! Thanks for joining us at CAS(E) this Sketch!