Wednesday, January 30, 2013

MDS Divided Page

Morning Everyone!  I really wanted to try the challenge on mydigitalstudio.net, Divided Page.  This is in the vein of the Project Life pages you may have seen out on the web.  I believe Project Life stems from Project 365, the goal to take a picture every day.  For Project Life, you scrap the everyday life events, every week or every month.  It is a great way to tell a story, and it doesn't have to be just photos.  Lots of memorabilia and fun stamps makes it eclectic and interesting.

This kind of scrapping is right up my daughter's alley, with all the little scraps of paper she saves.  I would love to have a place to put them.  And I love the idea of a month-at-a-glance kind of page or spread.  I'm pretty excited to get going with some Project Life pages.

For traditional scrapbooking, you can use the 12 x 12" Divided Page Protectors (pg. 169, Annual Catalog).  I think I've mentioned before I have a hang up with printing photos.  I'm never satisfied with the quality.  So My Digital Studio to the rescue.  Here's my first Project Life-type divided page in digital form.

Every little segment is an individual little tag-sized piece to design.  Oh my, I had no idea how time-consuming this could be.  And I need a lot more fun digital embellishments!  Of course Stampin' Up has some ready made templates available with the The Best Year Photobook Template, which would save a bunch of time.

MDS Elements: Stamps: Number It, Month by Month; Paper: Crumb Cake Textured, Day in the Life DSP, Christmas Cheer DSP, Summer Smooches DSP, Joyful Times DSP, First Edition DSP, Candy Cane Lane DSP, Christmas Cocoa II DSP; Color Palette: Sahara Sand, Early Espresso, Very Vanilla, Whisper White; Accessories: Dotted Scallop Ribbon Punch, Staple & Stitching, Attic Boutique Embellishments, Hodgepodge Hardware, Christmas Jingle - labels, Jumbo Eyelet, Sycamore Street ribbon, Delightful Digital Tape, Downtown Grunge - note tag (re-colored), Basic Pearls and Rhinestones, Blossom Builders Rhinestones; Font: Chalkduster, Bradley Hand ITC, CK Alis Hand, Bookman Old Style, You Are Loved.

I'm so glad I found an afternoon to sit down and try this page, and I can't wait for more.  Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

Lisa Kmiec said...

Great page! I love the layout!