Thursday, December 13, 2012

Retro Play

I wasn't going to do any more challenges, I swear!  I said this to myself, so I can relax and enjoy some crafting with friends and last minute excitement of pending Christmas.  Not to mention prep for Leadership, mail-in swaps, upcoming blog hops...  But I saw the inspiration photo over at Play Date Cafe... well, it reminded me of the new embossing folder coming out for Sale-a-bration.  I couldn't resist!


Retro in a couple ways, I used Retro Sketch #41 and also these blossoms are a retro 60's look.  I always think of the Partridge Family with rounded retro images and font.

Here's the Play Date Cafe inspiration images... isn't the upper left perfect for Bright Blossoms and the Vine Street embossing folder?

I really did get into this challenge.  I even imported the image into MDS so I could match the color swatches with existing colors.  Missy helped me, and she has been bugging me to "draw" with MDS.  I have a new little digital protege in the making.

Stamps: Bright Blossoms, Sweet Essentials; Paper: Brilliant Blue, Crumb Cake, Very Vanilla, Bella Bleu DSP (retired); Ink: Brilliant Blue, Brocade Blue, Crumb Cake; Accessories: Brilliant Blue button, White baker's twine, Small Circle punch, Vine Street EF, Big Shot, Dimensionals.

Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

hollybeary creations said...

I love these colors together and the sketch looks great. Good choice to do just one more Challenge.